SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RPKM and multiple reads, tophat and cufflinks mgogol Bioinformatics 6 09-03-2012 03:46 PM
tophat, not producing rpkm values with -G option warrenemmett Bioinformatics 6 06-02-2010 08:31 AM
tophat/cufflinks bam vs. RPKM mgogol Bioinformatics 5 04-26-2010 10:58 AM
RPKM as calculated by TopHat rpm16 Bioinformatics 1 10-21-2009 09:27 AM
Tophat : percentage of reads contributing to RPKM values sdriscoll Bioinformatics 19 10-16-2009 05:01 PM

Old 07-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
pfranchini

Default RPKM and TopHat

Hi,
I recently collected a lot of Solexa transcriptome data about different groups of sample of abalone species and I would like to calculate gene expression through RPKM measure. I am working on a non-model organism so I donít have a reference genome. I had temporary access to the CLC workbench software and I tested its mRNA-Seq option using as reference file the same contigs file built de novo by Velvet. Now I would like to do replicate this approach with other free programs. I saw that TopHat gives the RPKM measure but only if a gff3 file is supplied. Is there a way to manipulate my contigs file (a simple fasta file) and format it like a gff3 file? My idea was to consider each sequence in the list of my contigs as a "gene" for the gff3 file, assuming the absence of introns in them.
Thanks,

P
pfranchini is offline   Reply With Quote