Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with extremely unbalanced coverage in pooled sequencing data?

I have some pooled sequencing data, 200 individuals pooled into 10 pools, so each pool has 20 individuals.

When I use samtools depth to check the coverage, most of position has coverage as high as 7000, that means more than 30x per person, but we also have a proportion of place has less than 10x.

Does anyone has experience on dealing with the unbalanced coverage, should I only use those position with the 30x for variant call or include all of them but what is the best way to balance the coverage. I read some papers mention over amplification, how do I check whether our data have this issue?

The attached is my plot of coverage against the position on two different regions. The two blue vertical lines shows the sequencing region. Any thought is welcome!

Thanks a lot!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jiafen; 11-07-2012, 01:46 PM.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses