No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFAST thanks you for your help! (was: ... needs your help)

Dear seqanswers.com community,

We are preparing an R01 grant proposal to support the continued development of BFAST. To help ensure our funding, and thus continual support and improvement of BFAST, we would greatly appreciate your support emails and letters. Even a one sentence reply saying "I have used bfast", "I use bfast", or "I will use bfast", would be sufficient. I will keep users anonymous to the extent that I can given the grant process.

For those that willing to write letters of support, could you please email me with the letter ([email protected]); alternatively I can give you an address to which you can send the letter. Please give a brief description of the project(s) for which BFAST was used, how it has helped you, and how you will use it going forward. Feel free to send comments or suggestions to the BFAST mailing list ([email protected]) or myself personally.

I am personally committed to supporting BFAST regardless and thank all the users who, through great feedback and suggestions, have made BFAST into what it is today.

Sincerely,

Nils Homer
    nilshomer "at" gmail "dot" com

Thread...to the front page with you!!

Good luck Nils!

Comment

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post

We are preparing an R01 grant proposal to support the continued development of BFAST. To help ensure our funding, and thus continual support and improvement of BFAST, we would greatly appreciate your support emails and letters. Even a one sentence reply saying "I have used bfast", "I use bfast", or "I will use bfast", would be sufficient. I will keep users anonymous to the extent that I can given the grant process.

For those that willing to write letters of support, could you please email me with the letter ([email protected]); alternatively I can give you an address to which you can send the letter. Please give a brief description of the project(s) for which BFAST was used, how it has helped you, and how you will use it going forward. Feel free to send comments or suggestions to the BFAST mailing list ([email protected]) or myself personally.

I am personally committed to supporting BFAST regardless and thank all the users who, through great feedback and suggestions, have made BFAST into what it is today.

Sincerely,

Nils Homer
      Good luck! I like BFAST!

Comment

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post

Sincerely,

Nils Homer
        I have only heard about BFAST and not yet had a chance to use it, but everything I heard at the NowGen conference was really positive. In this field, where we are all seeking to extract the greatest potential from the voluminous data, we cannot afford the loss of such a valuable tool. I hope that you get the funding to support it.

Naomi Thomson - CLC bio

Comment

I have used bfast

I have used bfast

Comment

Looks like the response was overwhelming. Thanks to all that responded.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses