No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I prepare ChIP-seq library by using TruSeq DNA sample preparation kit

Hi,

We just got Miseq in our lab. And we are going to sequence ChIP'ed DNA in bacteria and bacterial genome using Miseq. We purchased illumina Truseq DNA sample preparation kit to construct libraries for both ChIP'ed DNA and genomic DNA. So I am wondering if anyone used Truseq DNA sample preparation kit to construct ChIP'ed DNA library. And did it work well?

Thank you!
    Flora

Hi Flora,
    We do almost exclusively ChIP-Seq in our facility, using the TruSeq kit.

Comment

Hi jlove,

We have also been interested in trying ChIP-seq with the TruSeq kit-- could you tell me what changes you made to the original TruSeq protocol (like diluting adapters or other enzymes, etc)?

We found this protocol but haven't tried it yet (from Ethanol I believe): http://ethanomics.wordpress.com/chip...useq-adapters/

Is your procedure similar to the above protocol?

Comment

Hi jlove,

Thank you for your reply. I am also wondering if you did any changes by using original Trueseq kit. We also found the protocol from Ethan, but the problem is that everthing provided by illumina is mixed already(end repair mix, A-Tailing mix, ect). Illmina doesn't provide seperate enzymes as what is mentioned in Ethan's protocol.So it is hard for us to scale down. And we did our library construction by using Trueseq kit and just finished our first round sequencing, but the result is not good. Most of reads are self-ligation of adapters. What do you think the problems are and could you please tell me your changes by using TruSeq kit?

Thank you so much!
        Flora

Comment

The main thing to consider is the dilution of the adapter. I believe the TruSeq adapters are at 15µM and you add 2.5µL.
          Most ChIP protocols I've seen use a 1.5µM adapter and add 1µL (starting with 10ng ChIP DNA). Too much adapter will promote adapter-adapter ligation.
          Did you QC the libraries on the Bioanalyser? If so, did you see the adapter-dimer peak?
          You could always gel-cut the final library which will reduce the dimers.

Comment

We use the protocol from ETHANol and it works great. I've thought of buying a TruSeq kit for the adaptors (then diluting 1/10 or 1/100 most likely) and PPC oligos only but after buying oligos from IDT I have enough for >4000 libraries for each of the 12 barcodes so maybe in my next life..

Comment

Hi Flora,
              We're using the Bioo ChipSeq kit and barcodes with great results. Their adapters are the long type mentioned in this thread. The price is pretty good too. I talked to them on the phone and asked how they did it, and they said they used lower concentrated adapters with modifications to the enzymes. They added things to the buffers like PEG to increase the probability of insert hitting adapter.

Comment

I use the TruSeq adapters at 1:50 for any ChIP input from 5-50 ng and do 18 cycles of PCR before size selection.

Comment

Our attempts with TruSeq and diluting adapters has so far been unsuccessful. But we have used the Bioo Chip-Seq kit with success. Their Chip adapters are more dilute than their regular DNA adapters.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses