No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preprocessing for good quality reports of FastQC for RNA-Seq

Dear all,

I am newbie to RNA-Seq data analysis(Illumina) , i have done quality check using FASTQC for the RNA-Seq data and now as per the manual for evaluating the FASTQC reports, i got good quality for all the sequences except "sequence duplicates" and "per base sequence content" where in the manual of evaluating the reports they mentioned they can be ignored for RNA-Seq data.

In some forums i found irrespective of FASTQc reports , its a good idea to preprocess the data. so am confused how to preprocess the data for good quality reports of FASTQC , please suggest me in this about the tools and parameters for preprocessing good quality data , here am sending of my sample in the attachment. please suggest me if am wrong in this.
    Last edited by nareshmvr; 12-30-2014, 01:08 AM. Reason: image not sent

is my question wrong , please let me know if am wrong

Comment

"pre-processing" here is referring to use of a trimming program to scan your samples for adapter contamination? That is always a good idea irrespective of what the initial QC report says. You are not going to lose any information/make things worse by running BBDuk or Trimmomatic on your samples.

Comment

thank you max ,

i have bit experience in using prinseq , am using params -ns_max 0 and derep 14 to remove exact duplicates and ns , please suggest me in this

Comment

Take a look at this thread before you decide what to do with the duplicates: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33597

Comment

sorry i think i made a wrong approach about my confusion in the pre-processing step, how to assess the parameters in pre-processing step for the FASTQC report of a RNA-Seq data .

Comment

Originally posted by nareshmvr View Post
              sorry i think i made a wrong approach about my confusion in the pre-processing step, how to assess the parameters in pre-processing step for the FASTQC report of a RNA-Seq data .
              Based on your original post it sounds like your data may already be of good quality and may not need additional processing.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses