SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aligning mate-less reads from a paired end read chsfredrick Bioinformatics 1 08-17-2012 10:49 AM
Mate pair libraries with longer read length rakesh.ponnala Illumina/Solexa 4 01-16-2012 02:41 PM
Finding reads where the mate is unmapped Ash Bioinformatics 6 09-15-2011 06:03 AM
Read length for Illumina mate pairs Linnea Illumina/Solexa 2 06-08-2010 11:46 PM
mate pair + single read data boetsie General 1 04-14-2010 09:08 AM

Old 05-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
CHObot

Default Finding a read's mate

I have a BWA alignment of reads to a small (50 kb) reference sequence. It is a transgenic sequence inserted into a host cell genome. I want to be able to locate the insert's position in the host cell genome. There are reads at the ends (pointing outwards) which have their pairs unmapped. These mates would presumably be in the flanking genomic sequence that I want to identify. Is there an easy way to get the unmapped mates? I suppose I could make a list of the reads and write a script to parse the original fastQ files, but I am hoping there is a tool already available for this (seemingly common) purpose. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CHObot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
GenoMax

See this thread for the info you need: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12283
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
swbarnes2

You could parse the .bam for unmapped reads whose mates mapped close to your boundaries in the correct orientation.

You could also align the fastqs to the 50kb genome and the host genome, then filter for reads that aligned to the host whose mates aligned to the insert. That's probably the best solution. You'd want the mapping position of the reads that aligned to host anyway, so this way you'd have them.
swbarnes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:59 AM   #4
CHObot

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look at the other thread and try your suggestions.
CHObot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:59 AM   #5
kashi

Default Covid-19

I am confused on the issue:

the service provider company provide AmpliSeq for Illumina On-Demand, Custom, and Community Panels. for COVID diagnostic, the library was prepared, the issue started @ sample sheet, manifest file - covid- successfully added, genome (we try our level best to integrate the genome file but no use, after creating multipath the genome was integrated in sample sheet and run started, output was 93.8=Q score, Cluster passing 96.7%, Cluster density 774K) but analysis failed (Sunday) till now we try all possible methods with illumina support but no use. initially RNA amplicon was downloaded and added in sample sheet, the sample sheet was headed by DNA amplicon (no use) & now PCR amplicon was added in sample sheet but same error. plz guide.
kashi is offline   Reply With Quote