SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anybody know how to convert dbsnp to .vcf (variant calling format)? alexbmp Bioinformatics 13 04-05-2015 11:24 PM
variant annotation Balat Bioinformatics 3 03-05-2013 02:59 AM
Suggest a dbSNP annotation and cSNP prediction tool vishakha.more17 Bioinformatics 1 03-14-2011 10:42 AM
EnsEMBL variant effect predictor standalone error ketan_bnf Bioinformatics 0 02-16-2011 09:05 PM
about dbsnp versions and the best way to filter your variant list with it... Fabrice ODEFREY Bioinformatics 2 09-02-2010 07:18 PM

Old 10-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
warrenemmett

Default dbSNP updates and the effect on variant annotation results

Hi there,

I have had several queries from users checking my snp annotations (i use both ANNOVAR and SNPeff) and tell me that a large percentage of their candidate SNPs that are called as unknown snps are actually present in the dbsnp 135 database.

I have checked both annotators and neither have updated past 132. I know its possible to include these databases manually but before I take the plunge I just wanted to hear opinions if this is actually so critical (and if there isnt good reason it is currently excluded), surely the newer versions of dbsnp still contain errors and are relatively unstable? Any opinions on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
warrenemmett is offline   Reply With Quote