No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myrna on Hadoop

Hello,

I have been trying to run Myrna on a 5 node hadoop cluster with CentOS following the directions at:

Myrna was installed on the master node on NFS, so all the slave nodes can also access the application. I set all the environment variables in my .bash_profile file and checked to make sure they are available on all nodes. SSH is passwordless. Here is the command that I used:

$MYRNA_HOME/myrna_hadoop \
    --preprocess \
    --input=hdfs://myrna_pa/example/yeast/small.manifest \
    --output=hdfs://myrna_pa/example/yeast/output_small \
    --reference=hdfs://myrna_refs_pa/yeast_ensembl_67.jar \
    --streaming=/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/hadoop-streaming.jar

But I get the following error:

Myrna expects 'bowtie' to be at path /home/thad/myrna_pa/myrna-1.2.0/bin/linux64/bowtie on the workers
    Myrna expects 'Rscript' to be at path /home/thad/myrna_pa/myrna-1.2.0/R/bin/Rscript on the workers
    Myrna expects 'fastq-dump' to be at path /home/thad/myrna_pa/sratoolkit.2.1.16-centos_linux64/bin/fastq-dump on the workers
    Could not parse Hadoop version: "mapreduce/hadoop"

Strangely, when I did not the set up right such as env vars in .bash_profile etc, I was getting this same error. Nothing seems to fix it. Any help will be appreciated.

Other potentially useful information is that I have installed Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop (CDH), version 4. One reason for the problem might be that Myrna does not work with this version. The last error message (red) suggests that the version string was not parsable by Myrna code (MyrnaIface.pm) so it died.

Thanks,

- Pankaj
    Last edited by pagarwal; 09-26-2012, 01:23 PM. Reason: New understanding of the cause or error

I had similar issues with Crossbow on CDH4. It worked on CDH3 (which is the 0.02x ver of Hadoop as mentioned as pre-req for this).

Comment

Thanks for sahring for this valuble information and it is useful for hadoop learners.hadoop online trainings also provides besthttp://hadooponlinetrainings.com/hadoop-online-traininghadoop online training

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses