SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oxford Nanopore to introduce "disruptive technology" at AGBT GW_OK The Pipeline 103 11-06-2012 10:01 AM
Can GAIIx introduce a bias in coverage A on T? vjimenez Illumina/Solexa 3 05-18-2011 04:11 AM
can some one introduce me to next generation sequencing?? chanderbio General 4 08-26-2009 06:36 AM

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #201
austic

Default Hi!

Hi Everybody,
I am a Ph.D. student in Colorado, USA working on a thesis involving colony variation of a pathogenic bacteria (and how it relates to disease). I am not using a Next-Gen sequencing machine myself, however I am in the process of analyzing next-gen sequencing data from some of my variants to see if we can uncover some explanations for why the variants behave as they do.
I've been mucking around a little bit with various pieces of software and recently got GenomeStudio (DNA sequence analysis module) up and running and I am very excited to have a place I can come ask questions (some of that Linux stuff is incredibly intimidating!)
Old 03-18-2011, 06:06 AM   #202
maharajah.ponnaiah

Warm Greetings Folks!

I am Maharajah (Maha) Post Doc in CNG (National Centre for Genotyping) in Evry, Paris. I am working on Whole Genome Resequencing using Illumina...and SNP mining..

Very Glad to be a part of this wonderful Community..!!!

Cheers..
Old 03-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #203
Giancarlo

Hi! I am Gianni. I am doing my PhD in Germany and I am just starting (with some difficulties) to deal with sequencing technologies. I find it great!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #204
Giancarlo

Default Hello

Hi, I am Gianni! I am doing my PhD and I just started to deal (with some difficulties) with sequencing technologies. I find it great
Old 03-22-2011, 02:31 AM   #205
chaithraram

Hello everybody,
I am Chaithra, doing my PhD in UK and would be dealing with RNASeq analysis. I am glad I found a place to clear my doubts!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #206
Keley Nunes

Default Keley Nunes

Hi, everybody !
Im Biologist , working at a brazilian federal institution named Evandro Chagas Institute, located in Par State. Im looking for someone who has experienced RNA virus sequencing in SOLID plataform to share with us. Actually we are facing problems to deal with RNA sequencing, even before to get it into the plataform, I mean , dealing with the library preparation.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #207
wangcompbio

Default hello

I am Yuliang. I work in Univ of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. My lab mainly focuses on networks, but also began to do RNA-seq. I learned a lot in this community. Thanks to everyone
Old 03-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #208
HexiToFor

Default Hello

Hi, everyone. My name Ximiao He. I am from China, and now doing my post-doctoral research at NCI, NIH. And now, I am doing analysis of Bisulfite Sequencing data using Illumina, also the ChIP-seq and RNA-seq data.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #209
magrathea

Hi everyone! I'm a junior faculty at UCSF and I am keen to use ChIP and deep sequencing to address questions of mechanisms of transcriptional regulation during development.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #210
eduformi

Smile Introducing

Hi all,

My name is Eduardo, a brazilian bioinformatics researcher.

Background: Agronomist Engineer (1998 ESALQ/USP), Master degree in Sciences (2003 CENA/USP), and Ph.D in Biochemistry (2006 UNICAMP). I am working with genomic bioinformatics since 2000. After Ph.D, I worked at Canavialis SA/Monsanto, and now at Embrapa Agroenergy (www.cnpae.embrapa.br).

After some time with markers, I'm back to general genomics analysis, in an "auto-update" time : )

Best regards,

Edu : )
Eduardo F. Formighieri
(More info in my Curriculum Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/7715215673568526 )
Old 03-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #211
Chuckytah

Hello,

i'm Ins and I'm a master deegre Bioinformatics student. I'm now starting a project that involves the analysis of 454/roche data from ESTs from Quercus suber roots. My main task is to separate the sequences, e.g., plant ones, fungi ones, and other kind of sequences... i will clear up them. Someone have done some similar work? could you give me a hand?

thanks
Old 03-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #212
daniellaw

Hi,
I'm Daniella and I work at the UMass Medical School core facility. We have two GAIIs, two HiSeqs, and a SOLiD4. The HiSeqs are pretty new for us, and if anyone has tried read lengths beyond 100, I'd like to hear how the runs turned out and how the error profiles looked.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #213
seqTB

Hello,
I'm from Canada, but working as a post-doc in MA. We're trying to use Illumina to look at genes important for bacterial survival inside the host. I have a lot of questions, but this seems like the perfect place to find some answers.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #214
Kalbur

Hello. I'm from Oregon in the USA, working as a graduate student towards a Ph.D. in microbiology. I'm interested primarily in bacterial genome sequencing and RNAseq via GAIIx, but may also get involved with 454-based amplicon sequencing for environmental surveying. I'm mostly interested in the informatics side of things (programs, workflows, analyses), but would also like for my library preps to go more smoothly.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #215
bsuac6

Hi all,

I am a post-doc working on SOLiD RNA-seq data at the university of Liverpool. I am a biologist by trade so no doubt i will be asking lots of questions about use of programs for analysis.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:02 AM   #216
Ed Hollox

Hello all

Well, it looks like we may be splashing out on an IonTorrent

I'm a PI at the Genetics Department in the University of Leicester, interested in copy number evolution and relevance to disease. Am also involved with a whole-exome sequencing project, but we've shipped out the samples to Source Bioscience for thier HiSeq to churn through.
> Research group pages
> http://tinyurl.com/hollox
>
> Departmental staff page
> http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/genetics/people/hollox
Old 04-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #217
bbsinfo

Hello, my name is Amy. I am very new here. I just started to read something about 2nd generation sequencing. I might need it in the future. Looks like there are a lot to learn. Hope you guys dont mind if I ask some stupid questions.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:03 AM   #218
tonio100680

Hello,
I am a biologist who has turned into a bioinformatics engineer. I'll start working on a GAIIx Illumina in a French region ...
I have little contact and I hope through this forum to get help!
Old 04-15-2011, 04:00 AM   #219
sdantoft

Hi All,
Im very new to sequencing, though I have often followed postings on seqanswers - probably shouldve joined earlier. I have a non-bioinformatics background, and have plenty of stupid questions! Im currently examining bacterial transcriptomes using Illumina. I have a microbiology/foodscience/molecular background and am presently working in a company in Denmark.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #220
filippos

Default Hello everyone

Hi everyone,
my name is Filippos and I am a biologist working on chromatin regulators at Tufts, Boston. I am really new to all this and I am really happy that a blog like that exists and that people are willing to help newbies like myself.
Thank you all for the contribution
Closed Thread