SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems creating GTF for Cufflinks annotation DrD2009 Bioinformatics 10 02-23-2015 06:20 AM
HTseq:Adding GTF annotation to SAM alignment mbobro2 RNA Sequencing 40 12-11-2012 11:43 AM
entamoeba histolytica reference genome (gene annotation file) in GTF format paula123 Bioinformatics 1 06-04-2012 02:39 AM
where can I find annotation.gtf when trying Cuffcompare? joyce kang Bioinformatics 0 11-14-2011 06:59 AM
CHI Next-Gen Survey: Feedback Requested Rblack Events / Conferences 0 12-08-2008 08:35 AM

Old 07-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
dsturgill

Default Feedback for building Drosophila GTF annotation

I'm working on generating a GTF version of current Flybase annotation for Drosophila, since this would include recent transcript models absent in Ensembl GTFs. I want to confirm it is stable with all the commonly used analysis tools, and make this available to the broader community, so I'd like to solicit opinions on the following:

- Other than including tss_id and p_id attributes, are there any aspects of a GTF annotation that you would like to see, or pitfalls to watch for? (Such as antisense transcript models that cause GTF parsing errors)

- Do you have any suggestions about handling polycistronic genes (where transcripts have identical coordinates but non-overlapping CDS, and hence different gene_ids), to avoid confusion when reporting gene-level results?

- Are there any tools other than Cufflinks/Tophat that you would like to ensure the GTF works correctly with?

Thanks for any feedback!

Dave
dsturgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
FLYINGDOLPHIN

Hello,

I am trying to make an annotation files for the transportable elements in drosophila, which is not included in the normal annotation file. Can you give me some detail instruction as to how to make it?

Thanks.
F
FLYINGDOLPHIN is offline   Reply With Quote