SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Total RNA quality (Bioanalyzer trace attached) peromhc Sample Prep / Library Generation 26 10-12-2015 04:36 PM
Illumina small RNA ladder and NEB miRNA marker lostviking Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 08-18-2014 11:41 AM
Direction of read when sequencing TruSeq small RNA libraries sshell RNA Sequencing 0 11-30-2011 10:54 AM
Truseq RNA library has 2 peak on bioanalyzer houda Sample Prep / Library Generation 7 07-06-2011 11:39 AM
Truseq library has dimer/trimer peak on bioanalyzer after amplfication sehrrot Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 06-15-2011 04:38 PM

Old 12-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
egunth

Default Ladder-like Bioanalyzer trace on TruSeq RNA libraries

Hi all, I just completed the Illumina TruSeq RNA v2 protocol and my end product gave a bioanalyzer trace that looks like there's some sort of DNA ladder contamination in the preps. The issue is, no ladder of any sort was used in this protocol so I'm not sure exactly where something like that would come from. Has anyone seen a BA trace like this after a TruSeq prep? I started with 1 ug of whole RNA for each sample and did subsequent purifications with Ampure XP beads, not gel extraction. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mRNA-seq_libraries_1.jpg (89.7 KB, 156 views)
egunth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
Jon_Keats

Sure you don't only have the inline spike-in controls. What did the template RNA look like?
Jon_Keats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
egunth

I did use the in-line controls, is that what they look like on a bioanalyzer? The RNA looked very nice. We opted to forgo an RNA bioanlyzer trace but all samples looked clean on denaturing gel, nanodrop trace, and were confirmed by RT-PCR.
egunth is offline   Reply With Quote