SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
input files for IMAGE Maegwin Bioinformatics 4 04-22-2011 05:54 PM
HOW to create image like this? zcrself Illumina/Solexa 1 09-21-2010 05:38 AM
IMAGE input files skingan Genomic Resequencing 0 07-29-2010 01:02 PM
bioanalyzer image polystone Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 03-31-2010 07:40 AM
Swift : Illumina Image Analysis/ Basecalling apratap Bioinformatics 0 10-26-2009 05:39 PM

Old 08-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
SDA

Default Image re-analysis

Hi All,
We have a flow cell that we would like to re-analyze with pipeline, starting with image analysis. The reason is that this flow cell did not have a control lane, and all of the libraries had some sequence bias at the beginning, and this may have thrown off the base calling. We're planning to copy a previous run's control lane images into the image directory and then rerun the analysis, specifying the copied images as the control lane. Will this actually work? Has anyone ever tried anything like this before?
SDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:38 AM   #2
elaney_k

It should work, as in the pipeline should run but I wouldn't do it that way at all ever! The control lane is used to determine metrics like phasing/prephasing etc that will vary from run to run.
I've analysed a similar run where the samples had indexes at the start and no control lane. To get around the base bias issue I ran a first pass analysis from images ignoring the indexed bases (--cycles=7-40) specifying analysis of only one lane (--tiles=s_4) and ANALYSIS none in the config file. As the sample in the lane was a genomic sample (full, not targeted) the base bias was not an issue after the index.
For the second analysis I reran the pipeline to analyse all bases and specified the matrix file from the 1st analysis (using the --matrix command) and also the phasing and prephasing using the --phasing and --prephasing command specifying the metrics obtained in the first analysis and found in the phasing.xml file in the Phasing folder.

It worked really well for me
elaney_k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis, flow cell, image analysis, pipeline