No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxford Metrics

Hi,

I am starting a huge oxford project that will generate a huge amount of nanopore sequencing runs. I have yet to start but in my preparations I am making a log of what metrics I should record and also what constitutes a failing metric from a good metric (lowest passing metric and highest passing metric).

Lib Prep:
    Initial DNA input (min = 1ug, max=?)
    Qubit read after Ampure
    Qubit read after Myone bead elution (min=200ng, max?)

Sequencing:
    How many accessible pores
    Average read length
    Amount of 2D reads
    Amount of 1D reads
    Sequencing time

Are there others?
    What are the top and bottom limits to each metric?
    Things to watch out for or pluggins to utilize while sequencing is happening?

Thanks!!!!

Sorry to interject my question into your thread. I think it is somewhat relevant, so I hope you don't mind.

Based on my analysis of nanopore fast5 I downloaded from ENA, I noticed there are two types of fast5 that has their 2D flag turned off: one with template events only and one with both template and complement events.

I suppose they are all 1D reads. But what's the difference between the 1D read with both template and complement events and the true 2D reads? Is it that the latter comes from one molecule but the former comes from two different molecules?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses