Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting Paired-end files, and automating Mean Inner Distance between Mate Pairs

Hi Guys,
    I was following this tutorial and they provided a bunch of paired-end reads.
    Forward and Reverse ones.

Automated Goal: Create a script that takes single read, paired-end and mate-pair ends and does a sanity check of a few values:
    1. 1. Determines if these are indeed the types of files that are input
    2. 2. Checks the Paired-end/mate-paired files to see if they are matched/sorted annotated, if not cleans it up.
    3. 3. Determines the size of the insert and inner distance to compare with the supposed experimental bio-analyzer data
    4. 4. If all the above is ok, take a sampling of the large data sets, and do the above QC with BWA/Bowtie.

So I ran BWA and noticed the INED values all over the place. Went back and realized that the files neither have /1 /2 attached to them nor are they sorted and ordered. I'm assuming that's my first problem ?

Is that my correct assumption:

So to sort and append the /1 /2 files I was going to use something like this.

For my sampling I was gonna use this:

For the alignment, I could use BWA, Velvet/QUALMAP/HTSEQ

Ideally I can use python for this (as i'm more comfortable with it). Ok any thoughts and ideas on this from anybody ? Am I on the right track. Am I indeed correct about the non-sorted fastq files being the issues? have you done similar things with your data ?

I was gonna supply the first two reads as an example:
    Forward Fastq:
    @HWI-ST534_129:2:27:10054:113252:CGATGT
    GCGGAGCCGGGTGACTGGCGAGCCGGAACATCAGGCGCCGCCGCAGAGAA
    +
    EEEECBEED>EEGEF<DA:A<CDDD?5DAAACA=C?D<@CGFEADEDDBE
    @HWI-ST534_129:2:62:5677:145482:CGATGT
    CGGAACATCAGGCGCCGCCGCAGAGAAGAACTATGGAGGAGCCCTCTGAG
    +
    HBGFHHHDFGHHGFHHGHFFFHHFHEFE<GEAAABHEDF@EEFFDFAEED

Reverse FastQ:
    @HWI-ST534_129:2:24:20503:16510:CGATGT
    CTGAGAGCCGGGGAAGCCGGCGGAGCCGGGGGACTGGCGAGCCGGAACAT
    +
    HHHHHHHHHHEFDDGDDFBFGG>7D4<9;<&?:;<DC>CCDD@?=?A###
    @HWI-ST534_129:2:42:2118:9580:CGATGT
    GGCGGAGCCGGGTGACTGGCGAGCCGGAACATCAGGCGCCGCCGCAGAGA
    +
    GEECGGGBGIDF6FFFFEF=IDEFBEE8E8E?EEB@6=9B##########

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
0 responses