No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VarScan output to VCF

Hi all,
    my question might seem simple but I'm new to NGS so please help me..!
    I was working with VarScan programme, used "pileup2snp" option. The result is a txt file with a list of SNPs. Now I want to annotate them, i.e. figure out which ones are synonymous, present in dbSNP, 1000 genomes etc..
    I have chosen Ensembl Effect Predictor to start with, but it wants the input file to be in vcf format or tab separated values.

How to convert my VarScan output into vcf?

Thanks in advance,
    Olga.

I cannot help you with Ensembl Effect Predictor, but I can suggest you to start with Annovar, which is easy to use!

Comment

Ok, thanks, Annovar really seems to be powerful.
      As I understood i need to additionaly download hg19 snp132 file for annotation of hg19 data?

Comment

What is this file? A file containing the known snp, as in dbsnp?
        I do not have downloaded such a file. Everything you need to download will be specified by annovar if missing.
        Besides that, you only have to provide the file containing your list of snps or insertions/deletions:
        chr1 ref variant position_start_of_mutation position_end_of_mutation

Comment

Originally posted by OlgaMikh View Post
          Hi all,
          my question might seem simple but I'm new to NGS so please help me..!
          I was working with VarScan programme, used "pileup2snp" option. The result is a txt file with a list of SNPs. Now I want to annotate them, i.e. figure out which ones are synonymous, present in dbSNP, 1000 genomes etc..
          I have chosen Ensembl Effect Predictor to start with, but it wants the input file to be in vcf format or tab separated values.

How to convert my VarScan output into vcf?

Thanks in advance,
          Olga.
          Hi Olga,

if you're still interested in using a vcf file, I've seen that the latest version of VarScan can output a vcf file with the otpion --output-vcf.

Olivia

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
            Yesterday, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses