SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Genomic DNA fragmentation FredericRaymond Illumina/Solexa 8 01-17-2012 04:30 AM
PubMed: Fragmentation of contaminant and endogenous DNA in ancient samples determined Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 09-11-2011 08:40 AM
New fragmentation methods pmiguel Sample Prep / Library Generation 10 03-08-2010 11:22 PM
Fragmentation Bruce E General 0 11-24-2008 07:35 AM

Old 02-27-2014, 06:30 AM   #1
Laruo

Default fragmentation of ovine DNA

Hi,

this is the first time I will construct a DNA library to next-generation sequencing. I'm working with ovine DNA and trying to set up the fragmentation step in a Bioruptor Pico machine. I need a library with insert size of 350pb. I have tested several different conditions and 30"ON/30"OFF and 16 cycles is the best one. However, I have observed differences between replicates of the same sample, and also between different samples. In addition, I would need to get a closer curve in the Bioanalyzer in order to loose the least amount of DNA after the cleaning step. I have tried increasing the number of cycles to 18, but it doesn't work.

Can anyone suggest any idea? have you also observed this lack of reproducibility?

Thanks!
Laruo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:59 AM   #2
kwaraska

The lack of reproducibility has more to do with the BioRuptor itself than with the DNA type.

We switched to a Covaris because of this very issue- it was not reproducible and very difficult to get exactly what you want.
kwaraska is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fragmentation