No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blasr SAM output tags

Hello,

Would love it if someone could clarify a couple of things concerning the tags in the SAM file from BLASR.

1) What do the YS and YE represent? Fairly sure they are start and end coordinates but, of what?

2) XQ is supposed to be the query sequence length, but where does it come from? I am trying to understand an inconsistency between the XQ value, and the subread coordinates. For example, how can a subread "movie/zmw/0_3904" have XQ:i:3984 ?

Thanks

Bump!
    Anyone?

Comment

You may want to also post to:
      https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/blasr/issues

Comment

Dear rhall,

frankly, if you don't have the answer, that makes me lose hope!

On a more serious note, I am guess the XQ might be the length of the polymerase read, but it would be nice to have a confirmation. Will try my luck, as you suggested, in https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/blasr/issues

Comment

The specifics for the exact method of indexing alignments and subreads always confuses me, I just about understand it for raw blasr output, but without reading the code I have no idea when it comes to SAM output. The Blasr developers tend to respond to issues on github.

Comment

They indeed were quite fast to reply!

I'm posting their reply here, if anyone comes up with the same questions, here is the answer:

(1) YS and YE are start and end position of query subread in the coordinate of zmw unrolled polymerase read.

(2) XQ is length of zmw unrolled polymerase read.

The Wiki of Blasr sam output format has been updated. Please let me know if the description is still misleading. Thanks!

Yuan
            Source: https://github.com/PacificBioscience...mment-94974442

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
              by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
              05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
            • seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Today, 07:03 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
            0 responses