No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterakura View Post
    Hi,
    Have you seen artifact sequences "CCACGTTCCCGTGG" in TruSeq Small RNA system?
    I often found this sequence in TruSeq SmRNA system, not in old Small RNA System (v1 & v1.5).
    Originally posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Did you ever find out what this is? I am seeing it too in my TruSeq smRNA libraries.
    I don't know what it does, but:

It matches the "Stop Oligo (STP)" sequence in the Illumina Customer Sequence Letter. "STP" is the three letter code for "Stop Solution" in the TruSeq Small RNA prep kit. Added as the last part of the T4 RNA Ligase2 (deletion mutant) ligation of the 3' adapter to the RNA. The sequence also has the footnote "patent pending" in "the Letter". Not sure what patent that would be.

--
    Phillip

Comment

NEB kit use heat inactivation of ligase (see instruction to ligase). As I think Illumina use NEB-reagents for it's sample prep kits, so I try to change Illumina manual and use temperature inactivation instead Stop Solution and I had normal libraries.

Comment

truseq small RNA library

how many library yield can you get using truseq small RNA kit ?

Comment

1-20 nM. We use a half dose of reagents.

Comment

We have ribosomal RNA-depleted samples that we want to examine both long RNA (mRNA, lncRNA) as well as small RNAs. Do we need to prepare 2 separate libraries for small and long RNA? Or would a Truseq (Illumina) library prep be sufficient to get all RNA types?

Comment

That sequence is from the 3' end of "Blocker 4" in this patent:
              Provided herein is a method of reducing adapter dimer formation comprising contacting a sample comprising target nucleic acid sequences with 5′ and 3′ adapters in the presence of one or more hairpin oligonucleotides. Also provided is a method of preparing a library of nucleic acid sequences comprising contacting first adapter oligonucleotides with a sample comprising target nucleic acid sequences under conditions to form first ligation products, contacting the sample with one or more hairpin oligonucleotides that binds to the first adapter oligonucleotides, and contacting the sample with second adapter oligonucleotides under conditions to bind to the first ligation products and form second ligation products, wherein the second ligation products form the library of nucleic acid sequences.

It's used to block ligation of the excess adenylated 3' linker.

Comment

Originally posted by katjef View Post
                We have ribosomal RNA-depleted samples that we want to examine both long RNA (mRNA, lncRNA) as well as small RNAs. Do we need to prepare 2 separate libraries for small and long RNA? Or would a Truseq (Illumina) library prep be sufficient to get all RNA types?
                You can but you should to treat them separately. Use Qiagen kit for small RNA preparation, it help to get both types of RNA.
                You can use one kit Truseq Small RNA for both types of libraries but long RNA need to additional treatment with Antarctic phosphatase and kinase. You can find this protocol on Illumina site.

Comment

Originally posted by cascoamarillo View Post
                  What I did was to size select the RNA fraction: 15-20% PAGE in denaturing contitions, cut the gel band (15-25 or 20 -35; it depends what it's for); elute ON in salt solution and precipitate. And the size selected RNA is used for the library construction (3' ad ligation, etc...). Hope it helps.
                  Do you construct the library (3' adapter ligation and so forth) using small RNA sample prep kit or using your own adapters, primers, and other reagents. I am also making libraries but I have to use adapters and primers that are not from the kit. Does it matter ?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                  • seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                  0 responses