No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Upgrade. <fingers crossed>

Hey all,

Due to the wiki-publication team really pushing our current server resources, I'm in the process of upgrading/migrating the server. So please bear with any hiccups over the next day or two.

On the plus side, you shouldn't see any 500 errors anymore from the wiki.

I don't see the 500 error anymore. But the response of the server is slow recently, particularly in the wiki page
    Marco

Comment

I have seen some 503 errors of recent. Is this because of limits on traffic/usage?

Thanks for providing a great forum!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll look into both of the issues.

Comment

So you may have noticed the site has been slow as of late...so I'm moving it to a dedicated server as we speak (no more shared host!). This should not only double our RAM but remove any virtualization and database overhead from the shared system.

If the site goes down or has DNS issues over the next day or two, please bear with us. =]

Comment

We're on the new host now...please report problems if/when you see them! Thanks!

Comment

Seems significantly faster from where I am, and from all the tests I can run on it. True test will be tomorrow as today is a holiday in the US.

Comment

Looking good so far. Sometime you become a victim of your own success, right?

Let us see how long before you need a second server for better load balancing :-)

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                  Looking good so far. Sometime you become a victim of your own success, right?

Let us see how long before you need a second server for better load balancing :-)
                  I'm just about maxed out at the current host. As far as vbulletin boards go, we're still tiny and should be served by a single server pretty well....but yes, the next steps are a load balancer and multiple web/db servers.

It's those darn enthusiastic semantic-wiki guys that need all the memory!

Comment

zooom! Much better thanks.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                    0 responses