No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detection of somatic structutal variants in paired genome data

Hello everybody,

Several tools have been developed for the detection of structutal variants in genome data since 2009. I would like to focuse on the case of somatic structural variants.

The most commonly used tools are probably BreakDancer, Pindel, Delly, Novobreak, SquareDancer and SVDetect. And maybe some others.

I recently got 20 paired normal tumor genome data. I am looking for the "best tools" to use in my case.
    My case: 101bp paired-ends reads. Coverage ~30x for each sample. I am working on leukemia. Almost 100% of tumor in the tumor sample but I can have tumor contamination in the normal sample (from 0 to 20%).

I intend to use BreakDancer and Pindel. They seem complementary for the size of indels they are able to detect.
    Regarding my data, do you any advice/recommendations?
    Do you think I should prefer other tools?

Thank you in advance,
    Jane

Based on this result https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn312572/wiki/63089

I would consider adding Delly since Novobreak has not been released yet. Sensitivity is still an issue. Given the coverage you will probably have address the normal being contaminated with the tumor cells and recover additional filtered SVs.

Comment

Thank you for your answer m_two.
      Could you (and others) please tell me what you do concretely when you look for SVs?
      Do you use several tools (2, 3?)? Do you combine or intersect the results?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses