No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdgeR heatmap specific genes

Hello everybody

I have a long list of genes and different samples, and my goal was to look at how some of these genes behave in different life stages of my ant. Fairly simple, I annotated the interesting genes.
    However, I have not found a good technic to plot only these genes.
    Here is the commands I use for a "normal" heat map, when I want for example to look at 100 most DE genes.

library(gplots)
    scale <- Dnorm$samples$lib.size*Dnorm$samples$norm.factors
    normCounts <- round(t(t(counts)/scale)*mean(scale))
    heatmap(log(normCounts[Dc[1:100],]+1))

But with these technic I go through EdgeR first and then run the heatmap directly.
    So I am not really sure what would be the best way to do that if I only use some genes, obviously if I run EdgeR with only 10 genes, the normalization and the rest of EdgeR commands are skewed and don't fit anymore.

Does anyone have experience with that or knows what would be the best thing to do for me?

Thanks for your help
    Claire

Why not scale by the total counts per sample and then take the subset of genes you are interested in?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses