Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is fantastic. I added a few things and made a few cosmetic edits. Great job, and please let me help out.

I especially wanted to add reference to this paper (http://www.sciencemag.org/content/ea...cience.1207745) and evidence that SeqAnswers serves as a resource to suit this modern Internet phenomenon of transactive memory and learning.

I think a bit of actual data is called for. I added a few requests in there that are very simple but bolster the statements that Seqanswers has significant impact on the community. I think ECO should be able to provide those.

(Sorry I totally missed pages 2 and 3 of this thread somehow. If I messed anything up in the draft on the wiki, sorry about that. Didn't realize you guys were done. I didn't touch the letter part.)
    Last edited by Michael.James.Clark; 10-07-2011, 01:46 PM.
    Mendelian Disorder: A blogshare of random useful information for general public consumption. [Blog]
    Breakway: A Program to Identify Structural Variations in Genomic Data [Website] [Forum Post]
    Projects: U87MG whole genome sequence [Website] [Paper]

Comment

I can definitely pull some stats from the backend of the forum, Google Analytics, and/or direct mysql queries.

Probably some basics on traffic growth, users, overall # of posts, time to first response...others?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael.James.Clark View Post
        I think this is fantastic. I added a few things and made a few cosmetic edits. Great job, and please let me help out.

I especially wanted to add reference to this paper (http://www.sciencemag.org/content/ea...cience.1207745) and evidence that SeqAnswers serves as a resource to suit this modern Internet phenomenon of transactive memory and learning.

I think a bit of actual data is called for. I added a few requests in there that are very simple but bolster the statements that Seqanswers has significant impact on the community. I think ECO should be able to provide those.

(Sorry I totally missed pages 2 and 3 of this thread somehow. If I messed anything up in the draft on the wiki, sorry about that. Didn't realize you guys were done. I didn't touch the letter part.)
        Michael.James.Clark, I will integrate your changes in "CONTENT" into "Trimmed draft #1"
        Marco

Comment

Originally posted by marcowanger View Post
          Michael.James.Clark, I will integrate your changes in "CONTENT" into "Trimmed draft #1"
          done .Now the side is one ECO
          Marco

Comment

Originally posted by ECO View Post
            I can definitely pull some stats from the backend of the forum, Google Analytics, and/or direct mysql queries.

Probably some basics on traffic growth, users, overall # of posts, time to first response...others?
            And also answer to the questions in the #draft 1

The most common search terms leading to SEQanswers include [ECO might be able to put together a list/table of the most common search terms that lead from Google to SeqAnswers using Google Analytics if he has it set up here] and the site is regularly accessed from X countries all over the world [ECO might be able to provide a short table with typical hit counts from specific countries].
            [edit]
            1> Common search terms that lead viewer from Google to SEQ*
            2> Countries visiting SEQ*
            Marco

Comment

Thanks for your hard work, Marco.
              Mendelian Disorder: A blogshare of random useful information for general public consumption. [Blog]
              Breakway: A Program to Identify Structural Variations in Genomic Data [Website] [Forum Post]
              Projects: U87MG whole genome sequence [Website] [Paper]

Comment

Originally posted by ECO View Post

How about some reference to the number and range of different countries (geographic localities) represented.

Comment

Just saw this now, is this the current draft: http://seqanswers.com/wiki/Publicati...for_SEQanswers?

Comment

What is this bit about?
                    In parallel, SEQanswers is inviting a network of high profile bloggers to bring even more content to the site, thereby stimulating more vibrant discussion.
                    Peter

Comment

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
                      Just saw this now, is this the current draft: http://seqanswers.com/wiki/Publicati...for_SEQanswers?
                      Yes, it is the current draft.
                      Homepage: Dan Bolser
                      MetaBase the database of biological databases.

Comment

Originally posted by maubp View Post
                        What is this bit about?

Peter
                        Peter, as I have mentioned, I have emailed ECO for his future works on SEQanswers. Among all, some are relatively easier to do, including the invitation of bloggers and some others written in the current draft #1. As ECO has started contacting blogger, I assume this will be done soon, so I wrote it in the draft.

Peter, can you leave me your email, I think it is okay to forward the email. (correct me if I do not ;-))
                        Marco

Comment

Soory to come up with the word count again, but it is currently 361 (without the comments), and some of ECO's parts are still missing. Anything we could get rid of without losing the main message?

Comment

Peter, dont worry, i will take care of it later
                            Marco

Comment

I bet you do!

Comment

Do we have an approximate deadline?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                                  04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
                                0 responses