SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacement for MultiNA MCE-202? JoeTaylor Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 04-21-2016 06:04 AM
How to detect a replacement gene/region westerman Bioinformatics 2 05-01-2015 07:36 AM
Is there a replacement for wwwblast using new blastx+ toolkit dsenalik Bioinformatics 14 01-07-2013 09:34 AM
Character replacement of Textfile syintel87 Bioinformatics 5 01-03-2013 02:13 AM
Replacement/generic Mock Amplification Mix jsandler 454 Pyrosequencing 0 08-04-2009 02:49 PM

Old 09-24-2018, 11:05 PM   #1
cheezemeister

Default Replacement for Ribo

Hello everyone.

I am looking to do some total RNA sequencing. My samples contain both human and bacterial RNA. I was planning on using Ribo-zero Gold Epidemiology to deplete the rRNA however Illumina just announced that Ribo-Zero Gold Epidemiology is being discontinued.

Does anyone know of an alternative to that product that can be used for depletion of both human and bacterial rRNA? I am open to either single-step products, or products that will do human then bacterial (or vice versa) sequentially. Also open to any homebrews that might be out there.

Thanks!
cheezemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:04 AM   #2
Meyana

I'm using the NuGEN Ovation Solo library prep kit (https://www.nugen.com/products/ovati...rna-seq-system), it's for low RNA input. They have this similar one (https://www.nugen.com/products/ovati...rna-seq-system) which may be interesting to you.

These kits use a depletion step in the end of library prep to remove rRNA using targeted depletion by addition of species-specific sequences ("AnyDeplete"). They have a human kit ready, but for bacteria you would need to order some custom sequences. I'm not completely sure you can buy just the AnyDelete sequences, or if you need to buy the whole kit all over. I would contact them to see. I would then just add a mix of human and bacterial AnyDeplete when prompted in the procedure.
Meyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
cheezemeister

Thanks, I check them out. I was already considering Nugen, but I'll have a chat with them about whether they can make me a product that does what I need, since they do custom depletion probe sets.
cheezemeister is offline   Reply With Quote