SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to visualize a few hundreds RNAseq samples in IGV/GenomeBrowser shirley0818 RNA Sequencing 0 01-27-2015 06:28 PM
how to find correlation between a gene and a set of genes from one replicate RNASEQ angel-sakura Bioinformatics 0 12-21-2014 07:52 PM
mi RNA finding from RNASEQ data vijesh Bioinformatics 0 06-27-2013 08:47 PM
correlation in amplification RNAseq papori Bioinformatics 15 09-05-2012 10:34 AM
CanFam2 data RNAseq samples and GenomicRanges biofreak Bioinformatics 0 08-08-2011 10:35 AM

Old 06-05-2015, 02:13 AM   #1
dena.dinesh

Default Finding the Similarity/dissimilarity of RNAseq samples using correlation

Hi,

I am working on RNAseq data for 8 samples which biological duplicates. I want to find how close the samples are with respect to each other. So I obtained the count data and loaded the file into R. I loaded the library DESeq2 and later converted the count data into DeseqcounzTable and later into Dseq2 using following commands

Code:
ddsFullCountTable <- DESeqDataSetFromMatrix(countData = rnaseqMatrix,colData = conditions,design = ~ conditions)
dds = DESeq(ddsFullCountTable)
Later I transformed the dds to variance stabilizing transformation usig following command
Code:
vsd=varianceStabilizingTransformation(dds)
As I wanted to find the how similar/dissimilar the samples, I found the correlation matrix for the vsd transformed data and generated heatmap using following command,

Code:
heatmap.2(cor(assay(vsd)), col = redgreen(75), key =TRUE, symkey= FALSE, density.info = "none", trace = "none", margins = c(10,10))
Is my approach to use correlation matrix on vsd transformed data to find the samples similarity/dissimilarity is right?
dena.dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:29 AM   #2
Michael Love

You can calculate correlations, or if you take a look at the vignette, we also show how to calculate Euclidean distances of the VST data and perform hierarchical clustering.
Michael Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #3
dena.dinesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Love View Post
You can calculate correlations, or if you take a look at the vignette, we also show how to calculate Euclidean distances of the VST data and perform hierarchical clustering.
Thanks for your reply. So if I take correlation on vst transformed data or calculate the the Euclidean distances of vst data and perform hierarchical clustering the resulting dendograms should be the same, isnt?

Kindly guide me
dena.dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
correlation, deseq2, r programming