SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help in sff file processing in amplicon analysis via mothur vinnie_assemble 454 Pyrosequencing 3 07-07-2015 12:56 PM
OTU from Qiime biom file not showing up in Megan tree? khoojj Bioinformatics 0 01-06-2015 04:11 PM
Mothur and fastq file format elizondas Bioinformatics 5 06-24-2014 03:02 AM
mothur extract the .flow data from sff file zhaopeihua Metagenomics 0 08-28-2013 08:22 PM
biom from QIIME to MEGAN Jed C. Bioinformatics 0 01-14-2013 08:46 PM

Old 02-28-2016, 01:25 AM   #1
Kilaza Samson

Question Problem with uploading BIOM data file from Mothur into MEGAN 5.11.3

Hallow members! I am pleased to join this forum and hope to learn from members.
I am experiencing a problem with upload BIOM data file into MEGAN 5.11.3. The V4 - 16S rRNA gene sequencing was done using Illumina MiSeq platform, and the QC and statistical analyses were done using Mothur package. When I am trying to upload the BIOM file into MEGAN 5.11.3 for further analysis I am getting this error
"Execute failed: java.io.IOException:java.util.LinkedHashMap cannot be cast to com.google.gson.internal.StringMap”
This error has happened following an update of the MEGAN 5.10 to MEGAN 5.11.3. In earlier version, there was no problem. I have tried re installing the package and following steps given in manual (Including installation of recent java runtime environment (jre) v 1.7, still I cannot upload I have also tried to a different computer, still could not make it. I am not knowledgeable of the command line approach would have tried. Can someone give me a hand on this?
Thanks,
Samson
Kilaza Samson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biom, megan5, mothur meta-analysis