Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall MIRA assembler

I am trying to install the new version of MIRA 4 but I think that itś necessary to uninstall the oldest version.

Does anyone can help me with it?

Thank you

I don't think this would be necessary. The program names have not changed (to my knowledge), and installing should just replace the old binaries. You can just compile mira and use it in place, or install it and that should give you the latest version in your path.

Comment

problem almost solved

Now it reclains the TCmalloc library.
      I tried to do what recommends the MIRA manual, but didn works:

sudo apt-get install make flex libgoogle-perftools-dev
      sudo apt-get install libboost-doc libboost.*1.48-dev libboost.*1.48.0

Any suggestion?

Comment

You will have to clarify what you mean by "didn't work." It looks like you are trying to install dependencies for mira, so I'm guessing you had troubles with installation. What exactly are the issues you are experiencing, and what are the messages you see?

Comment

Yes, I have a problem. I saw that the MIRA installed before was installed by Ubuntu Software Center. It made it easier. I uninstalled it and now I'm having some problems with the new version.

The message that appears after "./configure" is:

"Could not find the tcmalloc library. It is part of the Google perftools library at
          http://code.google.com/p/google-perftools/downloads/list"

I looked for this files and I saw that they are installed.

Comment

Originally posted by felipelira3 View Post
            Now it reclains the TCmalloc library.
            I tried to do what recommends the MIRA manual, but didn works:

sudo apt-get install make flex libgoogle-perftools-dev
            sudo apt-get install libboost-doc libboost.*1.48-dev libboost.*1.48.0

Any suggestion?
            Are you referring to missing libtcmalloc? You should be able to get that from libtcmalloc-minimal4 perhaps (or libgoogle-perftools-dev).

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
              Are you referring to missing libtcmalloc? You should be able to get that from libtcmalloc-minimal4 perhaps (or libgoogle-perftools-dev).
              It would be installed unsing "sudo apt-get install make flex libgoogle-perftools-dev", doesn it?

Comment

Following should be enough I think.

Originally posted by felipelira3 View Post
                "sudo apt-get install libgoogle-perftools-dev"

Comment

Hi GenoMax

I will try to follow all the steps from the begin, since download the file mira-4.0rc1.tar.bz2.
                  If I have any problem, I'll describe it here.

Thank you a lot!

Comment

Any reason why you don't want to use the precompiled binaries? This is usually easier (especially if your are not an expert compiling software on your own).

Comment

Originally posted by sklages View Post
                      Any reason why you don't want to use the precompiled binaries? This is usually easier (especially if your are not an expert compiling software on your own).
                      It will be my last alternative. I am trying to learn how to compile it. Thank you!

Comment

Thank you for your attention about helping me with the mira4 installation. But now I have a doubt.

How can I insert the parameter at the manifest to avoid the large sequence names with more then 40 letters and ignore it to follow the assembly steps?

Comment

Why don't you read the manual? Have a look at it and search for "check_maxreadnamelength".

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by sklages View Post
                            Why don't you read the manual? Have a look at it and search for "check_maxreadnamelength".
                            I solved the problem by myself but didn have time to put it here. Thank you for your attention.

The problem was because I was using the SOLEXA_SETTINGS instead the COMMON_SETTINGS to skip the reads name length. My alternative was:

project = assembly_bs10_3
                            job = genome,denovo,accurate
                            parameters = COMMON_SETTINGS -NW:cmrnl=no

But, if you have another alternative to this, we wil be too glad if you share it with us...

Have a good day

Comment

No alternative. Makes sense that "check_maxreadnamelength/maxreadnamelength" is COMMON_SETTINGS as it is technology-independent. Downstream programs may run into problems with very long readnames, no matter which technology.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses