No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tblastx error-ncbi-blast-2.2.26+

Hello all,
    I am using ncbi-blast-2.2.26+ version on Linux machine (64 bit) with Fedora 16 OS. I have tried tblastx with my local nucleotide database
    against ensembl fish cDNA sequence. I have followed these steps

1.makeblastdb -in example.fa -dbtype nucl -out example_nucl -logfile example_nuclblast.log

2.tblastx -db example_nucl -query fish.fa -out tblastx_result.tsv -max_target_seqs 20 -evalue 1e-10 -outfmt "7 qseqid sseqid pident length mismatch gaps qstart qend sstart send sqlen slen evalue bitscore" -num_threads 32

I get error

Error: NCBI C++ Exception:
    "/home/coremake/release_build/build/PrepareRelease_Linux64-Centos_JSID_01_1540_130.14.18.6_9051_1329940081/rpmbuild/BUILD/ncbi-blast-2.2.26+/c++/src/objtools/alnmgr/alnmap.cpp", line 733: Error: CAlnVec::x_GetSeqLeftSeg(): Invalid Dense-seg: Row 0 contains gaps only.

Can you tell me why tblastx creating error. It outputs file but stops in between.

I tried looking source file at line no 00733

Any help is appreciated

It looks like a bug - please report this to the NCBI BLAST team via the email address on their webpage, blast-help (at) ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Comment

happens to me too, no idea why. they went to next ver and still it happens.

Comment

Perhaps bioman1 didn't report the bug, in which case it is hardly surprising the NCBI haven't fixed it. Could you (also) report the bug - a simple reproducible example would be ideal.

Comment

it will be complicated to give a simple example, since I got no idea where the problem in my query fasta file is. I will be able to report this bug only after my data can be made publicly available... I too am using Fedora, so it seems this is either a redhat bug, or fedora only.

Comment

I am not sure, but how about using formatdb instead of makeblastdb?

HTH

Edit: formatdb is discontinuated but I have used it recently with apparently no errors when running blast 2.26+
            Last edited by dnusol; 01-17-2013, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Hey, I've encountered this error if one of the input files is not readable (in my case I invoked the tblastx in a wrong directory and the relative paths to the files were wrong).

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hi pschwien, that information should be very useful to the NCBI BLAST+ team - please email them about this (since they don't have a public bug tracker).

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses