SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Determining Repeat Sequences clostridium40 Bioinformatics 0 09-02-2011 01:23 PM
Sorting large files scami Bioinformatics 3 09-20-2010 11:45 PM
Large RNA sequences ? Does it has any sense ? perencia Bioinformatics 10 07-29-2010 07:05 AM
Galaxy and gz files Giles Bioinformatics 4 03-31-2010 06:52 AM
PubMed: Detection of large numbers of novel sequences in the metatranscriptomes of co Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 08-30-2008 05:06 AM

Old 03-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
Giles

Default repeat sequences/large files in galaxy

does anyone know a good way to analyze the repeat sequences, ie, those that don't align using eland in illumina pipleine? I think that there are some interesting biological aspects to the sequences that are not unique in my dataset and would like to learn about them.
I'll throw out there what I have in mind, I'd like to upload the export.txt file to galaxy, and then group and count the most common sequence tags in the export file, then blat/blast search the most common tags to see what they are (ie, satellite, line, sine, etc.) My other problem is that I am unable to upload the export.txt file to galaxy. I assume it must be compressed, does anyone know anything about an upper size limit to file size? Or the best way to compress? Or any other suggestions for dealing w/ the repeat sequences?
thanks, keith.
Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:43 AM   #2
stoker

This may be useful:

Genomics. 2010 Nov;96(5):316-21. Epub 2010 Aug 13.
Pokrzywa R, Polanski A.; BWtrs: A tool for searching for tandem repeats in DNA sequences based on the Burrows-Wheeler transform.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
gntc

Default Identifying repeat elements

Were you ever able to find a fast, efficient method of analyzing large amounts of data? I have 15 million sequence and I would like to know what percentage of them are satellite DNA, LINEs, SINEs, etc. I have been trying to use repeatmasker but it is unbearably slow.
gntc is offline   Reply With Quote