Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 AGBT thread!

I'm sitting in the airport about to board a plane to Florida for AGBT and realized we didn't yet have a way to collect all the comments, live blogs, pics, etc that will undoubtedly start flowing in soon as the conference starts tomorrow afternoon!

So consider this an open thread for all things AGBT related! I will also be posting to the @SEQanswers twitter account, with hashtags #AGBT and/or #AGBT2011, so you can stay in touch that way as well.

So the conference is in full swing, I'm sitting dead center under one of the screens taking notes and following twitter as best I can with this terrible wifi.

If you're new to twitter...search for the hashtag "#AGBT", and you may want to add "-RT" to prevent seeing all the duplicate retweets.

Comment

This is a link to the search I mentioned above:

Comment

It's been a great 5 days...I'm heading to the airport in about an hour. If you haven't already, make sure to check out Anthony's (apfejes) blog for detailed notes on most of the sessions:

Comment

I'm going to TRY to use Twitter. I've failed the other times I've tried to keep using it, but it is pretty cool.

Gotta say though, I honestly don't feel like I missed much by not being at AGBT. What do you think? Seemed like the same people from academia plus typical company announcements (e.g. LifeTech is doing better and better, IonTorrent looks good, PacBio is settling into its niche, CGI is doing very well, everyone and their brothers are using Illumina).

Maybe it's just because the weather in the Bay Area has been incredible the past week.
          Mendelian Disorder: A blogshare of random useful information for general public consumption. [Blog]
          Breakway: A Program to Identify Structural Variations in Genomic Data [Website] [Forum Post]
          Projects: U87MG whole genome sequence [Website] [Paper]

Comment

You are right this year there were not big announcements. There were some memorable talks (Rob Knight comes to my mind). But, as usual, the best of AGBT is the networking and being able to hang out with such a interesting (and crazy) people.
            -drd

Comment

I used twitter to follow AGBT and feel I didn't miss much. That is, regarding the talks. Of course I missed out on the networking part...

Comment

But what if the best talks were the untweetable ones?

Comment

Originally posted by drio View Post
                  You are right this year there were not big announcements. There were some memorable talks (Rob Knight comes to my mind). But, as usual, the best of AGBT is the networking and being able to hang out with such a interesting (and crazy) people.
                  You are welcome to come hang out with me any time.
                  Mendelian Disorder: A blogshare of random useful information for general public consumption. [Blog]
                  Breakway: A Program to Identify Structural Variations in Genomic Data [Website] [Forum Post]
                  Projects: U87MG whole genome sequence [Website] [Paper]

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses