Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion gene detect tools for Solid (colorspace)single end 50bp RNA-seq data

Does someone know which tool can detect fusion gene form Solid single end 50bp RNA-seq reads. I found several softwares such as FusionMap,FusionSeq and so on. But some need paired end reads and some cant't handle colorspace reads. Now I still didn't find a tool to do the job with my data. Can someone help me. Thank you very much!

Although there is no software to detect fusion gene in coloerspace now.

You can do as following,
    First,using tophat to run your data .
    Second,use function of FusionMap:--pereport to select discordant read pairs from sam file.
    Third,use GSNAP to discovery junction site.

Final,combined report from discordant read pairs and junction site.

Comment

With single-end reads you could in principle try to detect gene fusions from spliced-alignments. There are mappers supporting this in color space, for instance, the Genomatix mapper (FYI I work for Genomatix).

However, I would not recommend this strategy at all. You will get lots of false positive predictions. Especially since your reads are only 50 bps long, so even in an ideal case you will only have 25 bps on each side of the split. This will not guarantee correct mappings with high precision.

When predicting gene fusion candidates we use spliced-alignments to determine exact fusion breakpoints. But we only do this after having identified the gene fusion candidates using paired-end information.

Comment

Maybe single end 50bp data are really not suitable to detect fusion gene, somehow I'll have a try as you two suggested. Thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses