SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HaloPlex for library preparation ycding Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 05-22-2013 05:46 AM
Small RNA library preparation nirwalniraj Sample Prep / Library Generation 5 02-01-2012 09:42 AM
Library preparation Renatospl Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 09-19-2011 02:50 PM
Restriction enzymes for genomic DNA library prep (e.g. NlaIII) 454newbie Illumina/Solexa 7 07-07-2011 08:14 PM
library preparation cost Tom Haltern Sample Prep / Library Generation 6 02-22-2010 08:22 AM

Old 10-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
LoeraI

Default RADseq library preparation restriction enzymes

Hey there,

Iím preparing some libraries for RADseq sequencing of a plant species using double enzyme digestion sequencing. I already digested the genomic DNA of some samples with two enzymes (EcoRV and MSE1). Iím going to use double pair end Illumina sequencing so Iím interested in fragments around 200-500 bp.

I attached a photo of the digestion. As you can see for most of the samples (sample 1 (S1) has 1ug of genomic DNA whereas for the digestion of the other samples (S2-S4) I used 400ng) I can see smear around 100 and 600 bp. So I think these digestions could work for further ligation of barcoded adaptors, PCR enrichment and gel purification.

You think itís OK to continue (I have to decide if these enzymes are OK before ordering all the primers with the barcodes for 26 populations) with the construction of libraries? Or should I try with other combination of enzymes? Iím working with a non-model organism so thereís no reference genome.
I have never prepared libraries before so any advice would be very useful.
Hope this is clear and thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: png digestion_photo.png (107.4 KB, 44 views)
LoeraI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
NRP

Hi Loera1 - I just saw your post and I am curious what the outcome of your library prep was. I am currently trying to generate my first RAD libraries and some of my genomic DNA samples are pretty degraded. Thanks.
NRP is offline   Reply With Quote