Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to trim dual index adapters with Trim Galore!

Hi everybody,
    I am trying to trim some adapters with Trim Galore from my bisulfite sequencing data, but I don't know what command to use.
    It has been really difficult to take the information of library construction and I only know that it has been done using IDT unique dual indexing adapters in paired end data, detailed as follows:

1 - P5 ATATGCGC, P7 CTGATCGT
    30 - P5 AACGTCTG, P7 GCGTCATT
    31 - P5 TATCGGTC, P7 ATCCGGTA
    32 - P5 CGCTCTAT, P7 CGTTGCAA

When doing the FASTQC analysis I have found some overrepresented sequences such as:
    - In one of the sequence of the pair
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    - In the other sequence of the pair
    GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

An also in the adapter content section the Illumina Universal adapters are identified

Does all this make sense?
    So I need to add something more to those P5 and P7 adapter sequences when running Trim Galore?

Will this command be correct for the first example of unique dual index adapters?

> trim_galore --paired -a ATATGCGC -a2 CTGATCGT -q 15 --stringency 5 -e 0.05 --length 50 --fastqc --gzip file_1.fastq.gz file_2.fastq.gz

Thanks in advance!

Index sequences are never part of an actual read in Illumina sequencing so you are never going to find index sequences you noted above in R1/R2 reads.

As for the poly-A and ploy-G (no signal, two color chemistry) you just need to remove them during trimming.

Comment

Thanks for your answer!
      As the only information of the sequencing service was that about the dual index adapters I though that those were the sequences that I need to trim.
      So for the command how do I need to add this poly A, T and Gs?
      One by one in each sequence file? or combining the paired end sequences somehow?

Thanks again!

Comment

I suggest you try "bbduk.sh" from BBMap suite instead. A guide is available. You can trim out all these things in one pass.

I am not a trim galore user but you may be able to additional specify poly-A and poly-G there as well.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses