No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tagmented DNA amplified very slowly

Hi,

I'm working on preparing ATAC-seq libraries. After tagmention, the DNA were amplified very slowly, and it takes 15+ cycles to reach exponential phase of pcr amplification.

I measured the amount of DNA by Nanodrop. Even if there are more than 1 ng of DNA, it still takes 17~20 cycles to get enough DNA for sequencing.

It seems like pcr were inhibited somehow. I've read that if Tn5 transposase were not removed from DNA fragments, it will inhibit pcr amplification. But I've tried proteinase K digestion, SDS treatment, adding EDTA, purifying by Zumo column. But none of them worked.

So here is my problem: I got more than 1 ng of tagmented DNA, but they were amplified very slowly. Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

One cause could be low number of tagmented amplifiable fragments (fragmenst that have different tags in each end and are in a size range that PCR settings allows amplification). I wonder if you have looked at amplified fragments size profile.

Comment

The amplified fragments are usually 300~1000 bp. Do you mean the tagmentation efficiency is too low?

I attached a tapestation image of amplified DNA.

Comment

It is possible that in your cells accessible chromatin region frequency is low so less DNA is available for tagmentation.

Library profile does not look like ATAC-Seq as it lacks periodicity. Current library could be entirety from mitochondrial DNA. I would suggest reviewing your protocol.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
        • seqadmin
          The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
          by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
          02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
        0 responses