SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working with a sequence with high similarity at nucleotide level but none at protein vpi Bioinformatics 11 12-14-2015 12:42 AM
Human orthologs to my mouse lncRNA based on synteny AND sequence similarity thejustpark Bioinformatics 0 09-05-2013 08:02 PM
Clustering sequences based on sequence similarity Shishir Bioinformatics 4 07-11-2013 01:13 AM
similarity matrix of sequence alignment huda RNA Sequencing 2 03-23-2013 08:29 AM

Old 08-17-2018, 08:31 PM   #1
nimita

Default Similarity in particular gene/sequence of different phylum

Hello,

I have sequencing data of cattle blood plasma and data was BLAST with nr/nt database. In resulting file i counted the number of sequence present in different genus. Further selected three organisms; 1. Babesia bigemina 2. Gongylonema pulchrum 3. Wuchereria bancrofti After assembled the reads of above organisms with genome in CLC platform and extracted only consensus sequences. Performed NCBI BLAST with nr/nt database of extracted consensus sequences.

Result obtained after BLAST showed like 1. Babesia bigemina query length is 2107 then it gives 100% query cover and 98% identity with Babesia bigemina; but also 98% query cover and 99% identity between phylum like, bovine, Clostridium botulinum, Ovis canadensis canadensis, Gongylonema pulchrum, Wuchereria bancrofti, Bison bonasus; they cover more than 800-1000 bases. i tried BLASTx, pfam, interpro, BLASTp for finding the annotation of aligned regions in different organisms, but not showing any information for cover sequence. Babesia bigemina showed like hypothetical protein-conserved, in other cases not showing any annotation regions. so, i am trying to find the sequence which highly cover at phylum level, is it domain or conserved part?
nimita is offline   Reply With Quote