SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calculating PSI values for rat RNA-seq kajot Bioinformatics 1 10-08-2015 10:13 PM
WGCNA eigengene correlation tethys Bioinformatics 0 11-18-2014 07:08 AM
Best way of analysing ABSOLUTE expression values sindrle RNA Sequencing 0 04-28-2014 05:41 AM
Defuse Calculating spanning p-values Failure zslee Bioinformatics 1 01-31-2014 03:30 PM
Calculating p-values from FPKM? Artur Jaroszewicz Bioinformatics 16 10-25-2012 12:04 PM

Old 02-22-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
MatthewHaasUMN

Default Calculating expression count values for WGCNA

Hello all, I am trying to come up with a matrix of expression values for my samples to use in a weighted gene co-expression analysis (WGCNA), but am not sure what the best tool to use is. To date, the majority of my analysis has been done using the Galaxy platform. I have files with differential expression values between samples/treatments (using CuffDiff) but from my understanding, I cannot use these since they are biased(?)

Should I: 1) begin my entire analysis from scratch on the command line so that I am consistent with treatment; 2) use Galaxy up until a certain point (after concatenating, quality-trimming, and removal of adapters from my fasq files), or 3) use Galaxy through the whole process until I have the data to feed into the WGCNA package ?

Thank you for your time.
MatthewHaasUMN is offline   Reply With Quote