SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Variant allele frequency or allelic balance? Kulvait Bioinformatics 4 02-27-2019 08:22 AM
SSPACE creates tandem duplications instead of merging seb.lees Bioinformatics 0 05-28-2013 08:40 AM
how to compute Minor Allele Frequency for a variant call? BhariD Bioinformatics 0 05-07-2013 10:50 AM
how does varscan somatic compute variant allele frequency? genomicist Bioinformatics 0 06-11-2012 03:21 AM

Old 01-30-2020, 08:29 AM   #1
myourshaw

Question How to get variant allele frequency for internal tandem duplications from Pindel?

I'm using the latest version of Pindel (0.2.5b9, 20160729) for somatic DNA to detect internal tandem duplications (ITDs) at variant allele frequencies (VAFs) in the range of 5% and greater. The vcf files produced by pindel2vcf always report 0 as the allele depth (AD) for the reference allele. Supposedly Pindel's VCFs also have a "reference depth" metric (RD) but this is not actually reported.

I cannot find anything in the raw Pindel output (such as the _TD file) that corresponds to an allele frequency or reference depth.

One (ugly) idea I have is to get total depth from something like GATK's DepthOfCoverage and divide that by Pindel's alt allele depth?

Is there a more elegant/correct solution to this issue?
myourshaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pindel, pindel2vcf