SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Failed tagmentation reaction for Nextera library? sweetph3 Sample Prep / Library Generation 14 07-21-2016 07:18 AM
tagmentation of the 3'-end of cDNAs: which sequences are added? Simone78 Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 10-26-2012 12:30 AM
What is the role of the Klenow DNA Pol in End Repair? odile Sample Prep / Library Generation 6 05-05-2011 05:55 AM
need help with klenow seqgirl123 Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 03-01-2009 06:46 PM

Old 01-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
slees

Default How to fill the gap after tagmentation? Can I use Klenow fragment?

I am trying to making Illumina sequencing library using transposon based method to add adaptor. However, instead of using the adaptor used in Nexera kits, I would like to use the Y-shaped adaptor. Thus, the gap between the bottom stand of adaptor and bottom strand of genomic DNA need to be repaired. I want to find a method to do gap filling, however, I do not want the DNA to the 3' of the gap (i.e., bottom strand of the adaptor) to be removed by 5'-3' exonuclease activity of DNA Pol I and then re-synthesized. Can I use Klenow fragment here? It is also strange that no one seems to use a Y-shaped adaptor in transposon based library prep. Is there any technical difficulties here?
slees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:35 AM   #2
cli

Hi, I wonder if you have found a solution to the problem? Thanks.
cli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptor, library preparation, ligation, nextera