SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oxford Nanopore to introduce "disruptive technology" at AGBT GW_OK The Pipeline 103 11-06-2012 10:01 AM
Can GAIIx introduce a bias in coverage A on T? vjimenez Illumina/Solexa 3 05-18-2011 04:11 AM
can some one introduce me to next generation sequencing?? chanderbio General 4 08-26-2009 06:36 AM

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #321
melis

Hi folks,
I am a PhD student from Amsterdam, almost finishing (I hope).
Happy new year to you all!
Melis
Old 01-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #322
visserm

Hi everyone,
I am a PhD student from South Africa, and are a newbie working on small RNA profiling.
Marike
Old 01-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #323
grimmer

I'm a UC Davis PhD student in Peggy Farnham's lab transplanted mid-stream to USC. We're an ENCODE lab investigating cancer epigenomics through ChIP-seq and RNA-seq.

I'm our de-facto bioinformatic pipeline admin and am ecstatic to FINALLY have a fast, new Ubuntu machine running samtools, bowtie, tophat, cufflinks, homer, etc. thanks to this forum. While the process almost drove me insane, YOU GUYS ARE HEROES.

I'll try to contribute what I can in the future. Once I recover from this, I'll try to brave a Galaxy installation with Python 2.7 and report back. Thanks.

Last edited by grimmer; 01-05-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #324
kannaniri

Hi everibody,
My name is Arun and I am a biologist and bioinformatician. I'm currently working in the Research division in Xcelris Genomics, India.
We are mainly dealing with NGS analysis, but we've done other projects also.

I think it would be great to have a place for new people to stop in and introduce themselves. I am sure that I am gonna enjoy this ;-).
Old 01-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #325
pankajsvats

Hi,

I am a Associate analyst,I will be doing digital transcriptomics (gene expression and mutation studies) using Illumina Hiseq

cheers

Pankaj
Old 01-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #326
pankajsvats

can any one help me how to run stampy with bwa as i am new to NGS
Old 01-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #327
MapleLeaf

Hello All.
I'm a product manager for a 'biotech tools' company here in the Bay area. I'm pretty new to the area of NGS (and old enough that I actuallly worked with slab gel sequencing during my Ph.D). I'm here to learn...
Old 01-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #328
Mahtab

Hi everyone,

I have made a few posts here before but hadn't got a chance to say hello. I'm a master student in University of Melbourne, Australia and an intern in VLSCI working on assembly of short reads. Nice to meet you all!

Last edited by Mahtab; 01-10-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 AM   #329
ruysan

Hi! my name is Ruy, I am a postdoc in Braunschweig recently involved in NGS analysis, mainly Illumina. I have to deal with bacterial populations, genome de novo assembly and transcriptomics. This forum has already been of use to me, so I'm glad to participate
Old 01-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #330
Oenothera1

Default Hello from Cape Cod

Hi everybody. I am a postdoc on Cape Cod studying the cell biology of the nucleolus/nucleolinus and the possible relationships of these organelles to the spindle. I'd like to wish everyone good luck with their work. I hope to learn something useful here. Mike
Old 01-20-2012, 03:24 AM   #331
belen.martinez

Hello everyone,
My name is Belén Martínez, from Granada. I'm biologist and pretty new in analysis. I will need some help.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Belén Martínez
Old 01-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #332
strepsipterman

Hi all,

I'm a postdoc, recently new to NGS techs. My training is in host-parasite ecology and evolution.

I am in the process of establishing a host-pathogen model system, using insect cell lines and intracellular pathogens belonging to a derived fungal lineage - Microsporidia.

My intentions are 2-fold:
1) Use RNA-seq to understand the interaction between host and parasite. Pathogen's genome has been published as a draft assembly; host cell genome currently not sequenced. Experimental design yet to be firmly established.

2) Re-sequence the pathogen genome de novo, probably using paired short read library in combination with a mate-pair read library. Probably all using illumina. Eventual aim here is SNP discovery.

I will doubtless revisit this forum with questions as my project unfolds!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #333
Rileyj

Default Hello Everyone

Good to be onboard
Old 02-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #334
macsx82

Default Hello!

Hello everybody!
I'm Max, from San Raffaele Research Institute in Milan. I'm a biomedical engineer and I'm beginning the analysis of NGS data for the Val Borbera project.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #335
Profile Genomics

Default Profile Genomics, Training & Services

Hi all,

This is Bob Macey and Brian Rowning from Profile Genomics with the Peralta Foundation in Alameda, California. As part of a community college effort we are intending to change lives. Profile Genomics is a new Genomics training and service facility. We were the first to receive the Covaris LE220R for DNA shearing in high throughput, and we are currently receiving contracts from others to shear DNA on this instrument.

The caliber of our students is very high, with students that have degrees from universities across the country and Australia.

The lab is looking to add services that will add value to the Genomics community.

In the expansion of the lab, we anticipate accommodating postdoctoral researchers who would contact us to apply to obtain federal funding which would include both research avenues and novel instructional platforms.

We look forward to talking with anyone who is interested in Genomics training and services.

Best,
Bob & Brian
Old 02-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #336
ksoak

Hello from San Francisco,

I'm a grad student using RNA-seq, platform Illumina HiSeq, and epicentre's ribo-zero and scriptseq library kits. Glad this forum is here.

Last edited by ksoak; 02-13-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #337
asimons

Hello, all

I've been a reader here for quite a while and have benefited greatly from your experiences with the tools. I'm a software engineer with a long background in commercial computing, and now starting a second "life" in a computational genomics lab. Most data here is produced with Illumina machines, GA-IIx, HiSeq and MiSeq.

-Al
Old 02-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #338
helm

Hey all--

I'm a PhD student working on cnidarians. Good to be here
Old 02-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #339
clmunroe

Hi, all. I'm a grad student in bioinformatics in Boston, and I'm currently looking at 3' additions to miRNA with Illumina small RNA data.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:54 AM   #340
Gorgon

Hi all,

I'm very new to DNA sequencing in general and NGS in particular. My background is in Geology and I'm now on a PhD program in Microbial (Meta)genomics. I'll be using Illumina and 454 for the most part. I'm in Finland.

Great community you have here!
Closed Thread