SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oxford Nanopore to introduce "disruptive technology" at AGBT GW_OK The Pipeline 103 11-06-2012 10:01 AM
Can GAIIx introduce a bias in coverage A on T? vjimenez Illumina/Solexa 3 05-18-2011 04:11 AM
can some one introduce me to next generation sequencing?? chanderbio General 4 08-26-2009 06:36 AM

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #161
Pawan Noel

Hello Everybody,

I'm involved in a NGS project with Saccharomyces cerevisiae using the ABI SOLiD v4 system, so just wanted to say Hi and hope we can share problems and come to common solutions using this interface

Have a good day

Pawan
Old 11-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #162
obig

Hi all,

I'm a postdoc at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Before that I was at the Genome Sciences Centre in Vancouver. I've been working on RNAseq, ChIPseq, pathogen discovery and other analysis of (mostly) Illumina GAII data. I've been using this forum for a while but finally joining to start making contributions.

Obi
Old 11-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #163
cwhelan

Hi Everyone,

I'm a PhD student in computer science and computational biology in the Biomedical Engineering department at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU). I'm currently working on trying to detect structural variations and genomic rearrangements using Illumina mate pair data. Thanks to everyone who's already posted to the forums and made this such a great resource for someone like me who's just getting started.

Chris
Old 11-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #164
nhbach

Hi everybody,

My name's Hoang Bach, I'm a doctor in Microbiology Department of College of Medicine and Pharmacy in Vietnam. I'm currently trying to study on genomic of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and i'm just getting started. Thanks to everybody who made this forum and who posted.

HBach
Old 11-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #165
ecofriendly

hi all,
I'm new to this forum, but it seems like a great place to find information relating to RNA-seq. Currently, I'm a PhD student using methods like Illumina sequencing of mRNAs to study cell fate determination in C. elegans. I'm looking forward to reading and learning on this site! -Mireille
Old 11-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #166
sramirez

Hi,

I am an evolutionary biologist at UC Berkeley working on the re-sequencing of the Honey Bee genome for both population and pathogen analysis. I'm very pleased to have found this community, which already proved useful.

Cheers!
Santiago
Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #167
Dilipmohana

hi, dis is dilip and i am working as a bioinformatics analyst in chennai. I feel delighted to be a member here
Old 12-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #168
dmm

Default Hello to SEQanswers community

Hello,

I've recently started my postdoc at Harvard, and will be using RNA-Seq to look for mutations that cause congenital heart defects. I consider myself a developmental biologist, so stepping into the bioinformatics world is currently a stretch for me. I have spent a month reading many SEQanswers posts, and am excited to add my first post.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #169
dp05yk

Hi,

I'm a master's student from Canada and am working on writing an MPI version of BWA. I've read a bunch of posts from Heng Li and they have been helpful in my attempts to write this application. I am a computer science student first and foremost (I didn't even take biology in high school!) so this is all very new to me, but I'm loving getting into a new field.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:00 AM   #170
stoker

Default Hallo!

Bioinformatics PhD student from Gliwice, Poland here.
Mainly interested in RNA Seq and R programming in cancer research.

Tomasz
Old 12-10-2010, 06:04 AM   #171
plabaj

Hi it seems that I overlooked this when I registered
I'm PhD student (bioinformatics) at University of Life Sciences (BOKU) Vienna, Austria.
Mainly interested in integration, managing and analysis of bioinformatics data.
Recently playing with ABI SOLiD sequencing data.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:24 AM   #172
pland

Default Howdy

I am a PhD student studying CNV in the lowly, (relatively) tractable fly. I hope to use deep sequencing to identify polymorphic variants that change gene structures or duplicate entire genes, and then use RNA-seq to see if these modified genes are expressed. We'll see.

If anyone's actually reading this, and has their favorite study on anything related to these aims, by all means, let me know. Thanks.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:45 AM   #173
yinan0310265

Hello everybody:
I am a PhD candidate of genomics, and presently I'm working in Saudi Arabia. I found this forum is a good community to exchange the experience and skills, so I would like to aquire some new konwledge from this group
Old 12-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #174
Rajendra

Hi,
I work in IGIB as a research Assistant in India and working on NGS. I am glad to join this group and hope share my expertise and learn a lot from you all.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:39 AM   #175
gprakhar

Hi All,

I am a Bioinformatician, working in India's first Next Gen Sequencing Facility, GANIT Labs, Bangalore.
We have a Illumina GA IIx.
I am currently working on CNV detection in Cancer data and implementing Alignment algorithms on GPUs.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:52 AM   #176
Yepler

Hi all-

I'm a R&D scientist at a small company in Arizona - we're interested in using small RNA sequencing techniques and I've been lurking in the forums for a few months now. This is a super-helpful community; many thanks for keeping it up so well.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #177
aoler

Hi all,

I am a Ph.D. student in oncological sciences. I use HTP sequencing for ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, and Bis-seq analysis. We have one GAII and one HiSeq Illumina machine at our institution. I use the forum for suggestions in analysis methods and looking for post-doc positions, and I hope to be able to help the community.

Thanks to all who contribute,

Andrew
Old 12-29-2010, 04:16 AM   #178
ashokpatowary

Default GANIT labs being first NGS facility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprakhar View Post
Hi All,

I am a Bioinformatician, working in India's first Next Gen Sequencing Facility, GANIT Labs, Bangalore.
We have a Illumina GA IIx.
I am currently working on CNV detection in Cancer data and implementing Alignment algorithms on GPUs.
Hi,
I am not sure,whether you are the first NGS facility in India,or it was IGIB(CSIR)
We have heard of Zebrafish genome sequencing and human genome sequencing fom IGIB long ago and never about GANIT labs.

Anyway...good luck and welcome to the community...
Old 12-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #179
JennaLWoody

Hi, My name is Jenna Woody from Iowa State University. I have not posted yet but this is a great resource! I have worked on transcriptome studies in Soybean using RNASeq and am now trying to do a de novo assembly with RNASeq in Phaseolus. Thanks for all of the help everyone!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #180
gprakhar

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokpatowary View Post
Hi,
I am not sure,whether you are the first NGS facility in India,or it was IGIB(CSIR)
We have heard of Zebrafish genome sequencing and human genome sequencing fom IGIB long ago and never about GANIT labs.

Anyway...good luck and welcome to the community...
Thank you and sorry if I was a bit ambiguous. GANIT Labs is a Public-Private initiative of DIT and Strand Life Sciences. I didn't mean to say that we are the first lab in India to do work on NGS or to have the first Next Gen sequencer, what i meant was, we are the first institute in India which works solely on NGS technologies.
We started in Oct'2010, hence you might not have heard about us.
and thanks again for the welcome.
Closed Thread