SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PubMed: Rare Mutations in XRCC2 Increase the Risk of Breast Cancer. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 04-03-2012 03:30 PM
driver identification using CHASM in cancer libiyagirl Bioinformatics 1 09-28-2011 02:01 PM
How many mutations in WTSS Stephanbio RNA Sequencing 1 12-20-2010 05:50 AM
PubMed: Detection of inherited mutations for breast and ovarian cancer using genomic Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 07-10-2010 02:03 AM
PubMed: Implementation of Novel Pyrosequencing Assays to Screen for Common Mutations Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-12-2009 05:00 AM

Old 09-04-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
kumardeep

Default How to differentiate driver mutations from common/random mutations and SNPs in cancer

Hi all,

I am working on RNA-seq data ( our own experimental data) for some cancer types of human. I want to know whether the genes found/mapped in the raw data have mutations significantly different from the normal mutations found in the cells. (i.e. distinguish somatic mutations from germline mutations). Also I want to negate significant driver mutations from the SNPs. So what packages are available for this task (what is the protocol exactly) ?. Also, which databases I have to compare my data with to exclude the obvious mutations/variations in my patient samples?

Thanks
Regards
Kumardeep
kumardeep is offline   Reply With Quote