SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical TopHat/Cufflinks pipeline? Aurelien Mazurie Bioinformatics 5 08-02-2012 12:23 AM
tophat/Cufflinks workflow question hmortens Bioinformatics 2 01-09-2012 10:26 AM
Bowtie2 in the Tophat/Cufflinks pipeline? jdanderson Bioinformatics 1 12-30-2011 06:10 AM
a question about tophat and cufflinks camelbbs Bioinformatics 0 06-27-2011 09:21 AM
Question to combine Bowtie output with Tophat's -- impact on Cufflinks FPKM values berath Bioinformatics 0 04-21-2011 08:38 AM

Old 12-22-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
baptist

Default A question about FPKM value in the Tophat/Cufflinks pipeline

Hi, I am a new comer of the forum. I tried to find out the answer to a question about FPKM in the pipeline Tophat/Cufflinks but I failed. So I post the question here, hoping someone might give me some hints.

Recently our lab did a RNA-seq studies on the transcriptome of plant. I successfully applied the Tophat/Cufflinks pipeline analysis to our RNA-seq data. I used Tophat v2.0.8 and Cufflinks v2.0.2. I followed the steps listed in the Nature Protocols paper of Trapnell exactly.

I wanted to calculate the FPKM for each gene under different conditions. So I checked the genes.fpkm_tracking output of the cuffmerge and the genes.fpkm_trancking output of the cuffdiff (after cuffmerge command). However, I found out that the FPKM values in these two files differed (e.g., 4.94066e-324 vs. 31.2836).

How could I interpret this result?

Any advices are welcome. Thanks.
baptist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cufflinks, cuffmerge, fpkm, rna-seq, tophat