SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with cummeRbund diffData() Enrique Zudaire RNA Sequencing 4 04-08-2016 07:07 AM
Problem with cummeRbund and RSQLite noplacetoh1de Bioinformatics 9 11-03-2014 01:33 PM
Problem with cummeRbund and RSQLite :( dadada4ever Bioinformatics 3 07-31-2013 09:13 AM
CummeRbund problem in R with segfault vd4mindia Bioinformatics 1 05-30-2013 06:03 PM
CummeRbund problem in R and RSQLite vd4mindia Bioinformatics 0 05-05-2013 02:40 AM

Old 10-30-2014, 03:51 AM   #21
RomaChicken

In fact, I am also stop at the problem below:
> readCufflinks()
Creating database ./diff_out/cuffData.db
Error in FUN(c("\n-- Creator: MySQL Workbench 5.2.33/ExportSQLite plugin 2009.12.02\n-- Author: Loyal Goff\n-- Caption: CuffData.db Model\n-- Project: cummeRbund\n-- Changed: 2011-08-02 14:03\n-- Created: 2011-05-02 12:52\nPRAGMA foreign_keys = OFF", :
could not find function "sqliteQuickSQL"

I don't know how I can resolve the "sqliteQuickSQL" function problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU View Post
I tried your solution of uninstalling both and reinstalling, but it didn't work for me. The only thing that I noticed was odd was trying to upgrade bioconductor...

RomaChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:59 AM   #22
RomaChicken

In fact, I haven't met your problem before. Maybe you can check with the weblink here:http://www.bioconductor.org/install
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU View Post
I tried your solution of uninstalling both and reinstalling, but it didn't work for me. The only thing that I noticed was odd was trying to upgrade bioconductor...

RomaChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #23
gopher

Downloading a previous version of the RSQLite package worked for me, as it actually contains the necessary function. I chose the 0.11.4 version from this archive:
http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/RSQLite/

Last edited by gopher; 10-30-2014 at 08:42 AM. Reason: bad link
gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:29 AM   #24
axa9070

So basically what you're saying is that cummeRbund does not work with the updated RSQLite package.

Probably because (whether by mistake or not) RSQLite 1.0.0 does not have the sqliteQuickSQL function anymore.

So this solution may work but also only for Linux. Does anyone know where to find archived R packages of Windows binaries?
axa9070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #25
axa9070

Quote:
Originally Posted by axa9070 View Post
So basically what you're saying is that cummeRbund does not work with the updated RSQLite package.

Probably because (whether by mistake or not) RSQLite 1.0.0 does not have the sqliteQuickSQL function anymore.

So this solution may work but also only for Linux. Does anyone know where to find archived R packages of Windows binaries?
Nevermind. This way of finding it was totally janky! (If you look at the packages off of these links you'll know what I mean http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/windows/contrib/)
But the old windows binaries of RSQLite can be found here.

I do hope cummeRbund is updated soon -___- I'm growing tired of all this R garbage in Bioinformatics as it is.

Last edited by axa9070; 10-30-2014 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Doesn't actually work with latest R =-/
Old 10-30-2014, 09:53 AM   #26
BrianU

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher View Post
Downloading a previous version of the RSQLite package worked for me, as it actually contains the necessary function. I chose the 0.11.4 version from this archive:
http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/RSQLite/
Thanks gopher, this worked for me. Just incase anyone was confused..

In Linux, I cd into my R directory
> cd /home/<me>/R/.../3.1/
removed the RSQLite folder to delete the package.
> rm -rf RSQLite/ (there is probably a more elegant way to delete libraries, but it worked.)

Downladed the older version of RSQLite from the link gopher posted. Then installed the package through RStudio's Package manager. Reload CummeRbund. Done.
BrianU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #27
gopher

Yeah the most recent package must no longer have that function. Hope that helped, and thank y'all for further clarifying the download process.

Also Brian, the Bioconductor 3.0 version is the current one, no? It at least appears so on the website. So I think your inability to update just means you have the latest version available, the R output just phrases it like an error.

Last edited by gopher; 10-30-2014 at 10:40 AM.
gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #28
blancha

Yes, you are right.
I apologize for my previously misleading posts.

I keep forgetting that I need to delete the Cuffdiff database to generate a new one.
Otherwise, the function readCufflinks() works, but that is simply because it is not generating a new database. As soon as I deleted the old database, I got the same error message as everyone else.
blancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #29
lgoff

Default Fix is in the works...

Hi Guys,
Apologies for not catching this sooner, but it's been brought to my attention that there was a major overhaul of RSQLite with the release of version 1.0.0. This broke a good deal of functionality in cummeRbund. I'm working on brining the code up to spec so that it's compatible with RSQLite 1.0.0 but I'm not sure when this will be available. In the meantime, if you need to use cummeRbund, you should be able to downgrate to an earlier version of RSQLite (<1.0.0) and preserve compatibility. I'll try to remember to post here, and on the cummeRbund website, when the fix is pushed to BioC. Thanks to a few of you guys for contacting me directly to let me know about this issue.

Cheers,
Loyal
lgoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #30
BrianU

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher View Post
Yeah the most recent package must no longer have that function. Hope that helped, and thank y'all for further clarifying the download process.

Also Brian, the Bioconductor 3.0 version is the current one, no? It at least appears so on the website. So I think your inability to update just means you have the latest version available, the R output just phrases it like an error.
You're right about the weird error output. I am up to date.

By the way, I just got a reply about the error from the guys working on CummeRbund. Apparently RSQLite just had a huge overhaul to v1.0 last Saturday the 25th. It explains why the SQL function is missing. They are on it.
BrianU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #31
lgoff

Thanks again BrianU...
Old 10-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #32
blancha

So, just to confirm what has already been posted.

RSQLite was updated to version 1.0.0 on October 25th, 2014.
This version of the package no longer contains the function used by cummeRbund, "sqliteQuickSQL".

Downgrading to the previous version of RSQLite, 0.11.4 immediately fixes the problem.

So either the cummeRbund or the RSQLite maintainers should fix this problem, whichever one is at fault.

In the meantime, downgrading the package is a quick and easy fix.
blancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #33
lgoff

Confirmed...and yes..the cummeRbund developers (me and ONLY me) are working on it. It's not just the sqliteQuickSQL method however, there were a number of major changes in RSQLite that have implications for how the cummeRbund backend database is built, but also how it's queried, which is at the heart of how cummeRbund works. So it may take a bit to get cummeRbund working with the new version. I will keep you guys posted.

-Loyal
Old 10-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #34
lgoff

Ooo! Also a good time to point out that the cummeRbund code is now on github (http://www.github.com/gofflab/cummeRbund), should anyone be interested in taking a peek or patching it themselves. I'm happy to take pull requests.

Cheers,
Loyal
Old 10-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #35
axa9070

Default Solution

You CAN have your cake and eat it too!

The latest RSQLite has deprecated the sqliteQuickSQL function! However, has been essentially renamed to dbGetQuery! So by simply loading the cummeRbund library, then assiging that function you're good to go!

library(cummeRbund)

sqliteQuickSQL<-dbGetQuery

dbBeginTransaction<-dbBegin

cuff<-readCufflinks(gtfFile="/blah/blah/blah.gtf", rebuild=T)

Last edited by axa9070; 11-01-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #36
lgoff

Great work around! Thanks for the tip.

-Loyal
Old 10-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #37
homeuser1

Hi, I also faced the similar problem.

> library(cummeRbund)
Loading required package: RSQLite
Error: package ‘RSQLite’ was built before R 3.0.0: please re-install it
In addition: Warning message:
package ‘cummeRbund’ was built under R version 3.1.1

any tips to solve it? RSQlite 0.11.4 not working too - not compatible with R >=3.0

Thanks
homeuser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:03 PM   #38
spzhangmit

lgoff, thanks a lot! We are expecting your good work to fix it.

Also, thanks a lot for all the guys who responded to this problem. Now I can work with cummeRbund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgoff View Post
Confirmed...and yes..the cummeRbund developers (me and ONLY me) are working on it. It's not just the sqliteQuickSQL method however, there were a number of major changes in RSQLite that have implications for how the cummeRbund backend database is built, but also how it's queried, which is at the heart of how cummeRbund works. So it may take a bit to get cummeRbund working with the new version. I will keep you guys posted.

-Loyal
spzhangmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #39
spzhangmit

If you don't want to remove and reinstall RSQLite, you can use axa9070's way. It works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axa9070 View Post
You CAN have your cake and eat it too!

The latest RSQLite has deprecated the sqliteQuickSQL function! However, has been essentially renamed to dbGetQuery! So by simply loading the cummeRbund library, then assiging that function you're good to go!

library(cummeRbund)

sqliteQuickSQL<-dbGetQuery

cuff<-readCufflinks(gtfFile="/blah/blah/blah.gtf", rebuild=T)

spzhangmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:18 AM   #40
mahesh.sangrithi

Hi,

I'm having the same problem described here. This started after I'd upgraded to MacOSX Yosemite. I've also updated R to v3.1.2, and I've removed and re-installed RSQLite as well as cummeRbund as suggested, and the error still persists when executing readCufflinks(...).

I've emailed Loyal Goff, who might be able to suggest a solution...

Best,
Mahesh
mahesh.sangrithi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummerbund, rna-seq