Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For consed, how can i change a fasta file to a fake read?

I have some fasta file which i download from GENBANK, i want to change it to fake read in order to input to consed v19.0, very appreciate for giving me some information.

As a read, fasta2Phd.perl (1), as a reference to align reads against, fasta2Ace.perl (2).
    Both from Consed Package.

Mentioned in the docs...
    (1)= 13.4) ADDING READS WITHOUT CHROMATOGRAM FILES
    (2)= 9.66) Convert the fasta file to an assembly by typing

Sven

Comment

I used "fasta2Phd.perl" to make some file , for exemple "consensus1.phd.1" and put them into "Phd_dir" , how can i use them? it said launch phredphrep.......
      but in witch path? ../chromat_dir or ../phd_dir?
      will i lose the old assemblage?
      i just want to add a fasta sequence as a read.

Comment

What have you done? What do you want achieve? Your description is poor.

$ echo consensus1 > fofn.fof

then "add new reads" in consed witj fofn.fof.

Sven

Comment

ok, i have some fasta files , i want use them like .ab1 to close my contigs.(for example: consensus1.fasta)

then i generated a "consensus1.phd.1", next I do not know how to use them the same as I "add new reads" for .ab1 files to consed.

by you mean i should use command "$ echo consensus1.fasta > consensus1.fof" but not "ls consensus1.fasta > consensus1.fof", then "add new reads".

is this right?

Comment

Everything before the extension ".phd.1" is relevant. In your case "consensus1".
            It doesn't matter how you create your input lists; I used 'echo' in this example just because you only mentioned one sequence.

Have you tried it?

Sven

Comment

my problem is i don't know where i should put this files.
              in my mind: "consensus1.fasta" should be in "chromat_dir" , "consensus.phd.1" should be in "Phd_dir".
              then start consed--> "add new reads"--> find "consensus1.fof" to add them.
              is this right ?
              i am not in lab, i will try it tomorrow.
              sorry for disturbing you, i am good at windows but i never use linux before, so there is realy so much things i should to learn, thanks for you patience again.

Comment

The important thing is 'phd_dir'. You don't need the fasta for assembly. If you need a trace file (aka chromatogram) for "editing purposes", use "mktrace" with your fasta file and put the result to 'chromat_dir'.

cheers,
                Sven

Comment

for using "mktrace", for example consenesus1.faste, i used a command line: mktrace consenesus1.faste consenesus1.scf
                  is this right ?

Comment

in the documentation it said after "mktrace", i would have the perfect peaks, but why in my case there is only quality=15 ?

Comment

well, perfect in terms of peak shaping.

If you don't like the default value 15, you need to change it in the sources, in mktrace.h:

Code:
                      #define BASE_QUALITY 15
                      Set it to another value and recompile ...

On the other hand, you just need the SCF file as you have already created the phd file ..

Sven

Comment

thanks a lot.
                        I can't use these SCF as a AB1 file for "add new reads", every time i need use the command "phredPhrap" to reassembly again in order to reload these SCF, but i may loss some ancient scaffords, do you have any idea of this ?

Comment

Originally posted by rucyfa View Post
                          thanks a lot.
                          I can't use these SCF as a AB1 file for "add new reads", every time i need use the command "phredPhrap" to reassembly again in order to reload these SCF, but i may loss some ancient scaffords, do you have any idea of this ?
                          What is the problem? I think, I didn't get it.

Make a list of your chromats of interest (fofn) and "AddNewReads" from within consed.

You should really consider working through the consed tutorial. You need to understand some basic work principles of consed.

Sven

Comment

Is there a rule for naming the SCF files?
                            Very strange,Yesterday, i used 502.fasta to generate a 502.SCF, i can't use "add newreads" ,if not consed will give me a error message.
                            Today,i change the fasta name as YM0AAA09Y019FM1.fasta, then i used mktrace to generate a YM0AAA09Y019FM1.SCF file,I successfully used the "add newreads" function.

Comment

Originally posted by rucyfa View Post
                              Is there a rule for naming the SCF files?
                              Very strange,Yesterday, i used 502.fasta to generate a 502.SCF, i can't use "add newreads" ,if not consed will give me a error message.
                              What did it say?

Today,i change the fasta name as YM0AAA09Y019FM1.fasta, then i used mktrace to generate a YM0AAA09Y019FM1.SCF file,I successfully used the "add newreads" function.
                              How does your corresponding phd-file look like? What its name?

Sven

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses