Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifespan of TruSeq SBS reagents once defrosted

We routinely store incoming SBS kits in the freezer (they're shipped on dry ice) and I've been advised previously that the reagents are only good for ~15 days once thawed. I've never actually noticed that the box 1 of 2 for TruSeq v3 kits says to store at 2-8oC. However, during my absence last week, a colleague took receipt of two SBS kits and stored them as per the packaging - the two box 1's are therefore completely defrosted. Now, if the "15 days once thawed" thing means the box 2 reagents or the lifespan of ICB once the polymerase and LFN mix is added, fine, but I've never put this to the test...

Do you routinely keep your box 1's thawed and in the fridge and, if so, can they be stored indefinitely or do they need using within a short time window? We have several rapid runs in the queue ahead of these high-output kits so if they have to be used quickly I'm probably looking at wasting one of them...

We keep our Box 1's in the refrigerator and Box 2's in the freezer. It's the Box 2's that have the 15 day time frame.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses