Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with new XLR70 lot

Only recently we have received a lot of XLR70 containing the new control beads. Since them I have observed a decrease of the read length for our library and control type 1 as well. We have had a few runs where the control length was bellow 300 bp. I contact Roche support and explained the situation. The lot we have been using is #93801720. I was told there was already other complains on that lot.
    Has anyone experienced any problem with that lot or any of the new lots containing the new beads?
    Thanks

We had the exact same experience with that lot#. Finally Roche agreed to replace a few kits but never acknowledged it was the entire lot that was faulty (we didn't get anything above 350, but they only replaced runs we got at >300bp. We went back to >400bp as soon as we switched lot#)

Comment

I re-checked and our lot# was actually 93801620. There is already another thread on problems with 93801720

Comment

Thank you! I am gonna look for the other thread.
        We haven´t had any official word from Roche yet and I doubt they will acknowledge there is a problem with the lot and make a recall. We are stuck with 16 boxes of that lot. The last couple of runs were not so terrible. Since we´ve started using that lot none of our runs had reads longer than 350. I am currently waiting for answers on the 3 runs I forwarded to support.
        I don´t understand why they change products that are working well. It happened with the gaskets, then emPCR kits and now with XRL70.

Comment

We made a pretty convincing case by sequencing the same library on 2 different lots and by plotting the stats of all our runs over the past 6 months (outsiders all had the same lot# in common) , but it still took 1 month and a half to get feedback and some replacement kits from Roche.

Comment

Oh yeah, I did the same. I sent them an spreadsheet with the data of all the runs we made from November to now, with lot numbers and such. They keep finding all sorts of excuses and I keep repeating myself. I got an email last Friday, with a lot of nonsense to which I replied and haven´t heard back from them since. I imagine it is hard for them to admit there is problem with the lot, when they know I have so many boxes in stock.

Comment

Agreed. I had to also do many test runs before I got any replacement oils. Do you know if they are coming up with any new developments as far as the software or reagents go? I feel that compared to Illumina or Solid, Roche has been very quiet.. just wondering what is going on.

Comment

Our problem persists. We got several replacement kits but so far no concrete answer on our problem. We have been waiting for control beads to perform a Tf run since November. It should arrive today. A Roche representative is coming to our lab today and I will see what he has to say. Since we started using the new lots of XLR70 with the new control beads we haven´t had a run that reached 400+bp median size of reads. Several runs have been bellow 300. Finally Roche has asked us to not perform any runs till the Tf run is made.
                We had a problem with emPCR around October but my suspicious were on the emPCR reagent. I think I was right because since that lot ended we haven´t had any problems.
                I think they are working on larger reads. Something around 800-1000. At least they told me that was a reason for the new control beads with 2 sizes of fragements.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                  Yesterday, 07:01 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses