Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to use dindel

hello, I'm new to the bioinformatics, but my first job is using dindel. On the manual it says: "dindel --analysis getCIGARindels --bamFile sample.bam \
    --outputFile sample.dindel_output --ref ref.fa". Are these commands? How to run it? Should I input these in Unix? Please bear my stupid question! Thanks a lot!

What is the data you have and in which format??

Comment

I have the BAM file and reference file (.fai) !

Comment

Dindel is composed of three steps,
        First it extracts the possible InDels from your Input file, which should be a BAM file.
        Then it creates windows out of these InDels, this is important for the next step.
        After this all the Windows created in last step are realigned.
        Finally they are merged in last step.

Yes you will have to do all this on Unix or Linux command line. No other options for running Dindel.
        or most of the other programs in NGS pipeline.
        The part you quoted is just how to run the first step of Dindel. In that, "dindel" is the program name and rest all are the parameters passed to it.

--
        Hope this was helpful.

Comment

I mean in unix when I type dindel, it just says no such command.

Comment

I also typed $ ./dindel_x86-64, it also said command not found.....

Comment

Dindel is a program, which you will have to install yourself, via the command line.

But leave that part for the time being, first please read this book on Linux.
              Its very easy, short and will be a good time investment for you.

After you complete reading it, then read this post on Seqanswers
              New here? Stop in and introduce yourself. Where you are, what you work on, etc.

--
              prakhar gaur

Comment

Sorry, I just checked the link for the book is not working.
                Here is the the link to the pdf.

Hope you Enjoy it.
                --
                prakhar gaur

Comment

Hi thank you very much for your files. They are very helpful. I'm pretty sure I installed dindel already, but I will double check. Thank you very much for your help!

Comment

On the website, they have both binaries and source code.
                    How did you install it?
                    If it did get installed properly then, you should be able to get some error message on executing it.
                    $./dindel
                    Error: One of the following options was not specified: --ref --tid or --outputFile

If this is the case with you, then at least the program is installed properly.

Comment

Thank you very much. I installed the program and now I can use it properly. But still, the first command seems not working. So I used BAM file and FA file, but it said build FASTA index, open: no such file or directory. And it even failed to open the reference file. But these files work fine in the samtools. Any solution?

Comment

Problem solved! The thing was I did not put the path to the file. But now it works. Thank you!

Comment

Which one should I install: the binaries or source code?
                          I downloaded the binaries for Unix, with many of python scripts, and using the command in the manual, did not work.
                          Some people said to me that I dont need to instal Dindel, I am confusing..!!!!
                          I know how to install in Unix, but I dont know if I need and which one I should download!

Thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                          • seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                          0 responses