No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directional RNAseq troubleshooting

Hi Friends

I am new to Illumina sequencing. I am following a published protocol for directional RNA sequencing (http://www.cell.com/molecular-cell/a...765(10)00416-8). Recently I had a run which gave me very less number of clusters. The final fragment size is approximately 150-500 bases. Though I used bioanalyzer to determine fragment size distribution, I am pretty not sure of how to determine the molar concentration of the library. Please help with your suggestions. What could be the reason for getting less clusters? Could it be adapter contamination?

Please help
    DEEPAK
    Last edited by deepakpatilp; 12-02-2010, 01:49 PM.
    DPP

Originally posted by deepakpatilp View Post
    I am pretty not sure of how to determine the molar concentration of the library.
    How did you try to to determine the molar concentration?

Comment

Originally posted by mnkyboy View Post
      How did you try to to determine the molar concentration?
      I relied on bioanalyzer readings and took an average of the fragment sizes (150+500/2=325 bp)to quantify the library fragment concentration.
      DPP

Comment

I would try measuring mass by picogreen or doing qPCR. The bioanalyzer could just be underestimating your molar amount (which is not unusual).

Also how much did you think you loaded and how many clusters did you get?

You may also have to run a titration flow cell, which sometimes is the only way to know with a non-standard library.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses