Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
    Did you try looking at a previous run (since you had said that the most recent run was analyzed off-line by CASAVA)?
    There are no runs at all listed in the Analyses tab. There should be 5, I think -- at least that is the number of runs in that folder if I look at the file system.

--
    Phillip

Comment

Firing up IE opened up the "isis viewer" automatically. Once I clicked on the analysis tab lots of previous runs were listed, with the "re-queue" option.

BTW: Illumina released a new update for the MCS software (v.2.1.x) yesterday.

Comment

Yes, if any runs were displayed in isus view I am confident I could "re-queue" them. Obviously there is a missing file, or something is mis-configured. Guess I could contact tech support...

Comment

Okay, maybe the information I need would be:

MiSeq Reporter v2.1 Theory of Operation.

You will need to have a myIllumina account to view...

--
          Phillip

Comment

Okay, I got it. I needed to delete the "queuedforanalysis.txt" file from the run folder. Then it will immediately begin processing. (I had put the new sample sheet in the run folder.)

Comment

By the way, as far as the dual + single indexed libraries demultiplexing via MCS/RTA, it does work:

The first 3 libraries are single index genomic DNA libraries. Also included an amplicon set (generated by a customer) with 96 samples using the "TruSeq Custom Amplicon" dual indexes.

Oh, just in case:

Oligonucleotide sequences © 2007-2012 Illumina, Inc. All rights reserved.

The MiSeq happily demultiplexed all 99 index pairs at a >97% efficiency.

--
              Phillip

Comment

Is it possible to combine/mix samples together for a single run in 454 sequencing? is it practical ?if so what are the benefits? I am new to 454 sequencing

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiep View Post
                  Is it possible to combine/mix samples together for a single run in 454 sequencing? is it practical ?if so what are the benefits? I am new to 454 sequencing
                  454? This is an Illumina thread.

--
                  Phillip

Comment

I'm trying to do something similar. I added a single indexed library (6bp P7 index) into a pool of tru seq amplicon libraries (8bp P7 index) and need to demultiplex. I tried putting two "N"s at the end of the 6bp index (i.e. GATCAGNN) on the sample sheet but that doesn't appear to have demultiplexed correctly. Or should it have and maybe the library failed to cluster? It's entirely possible the library failed library construction (colleague generated the library; it was his first ever).

I'm thinking I'll try demultiplexing via CASAVA when the dataset is done just to be sure I set the indexes correctly in the sample sheet. I don't expect MSR to have much for me analysis-wise to requeue since this was a generate fastq workflow.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
                    Last edited by Jessica_L; 10-22-2015, 06:46 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica_L View Post
                      I'm trying to do something similar. I added a single indexed library (6bp P7 index) into a pool of tru seq amplicon libraries (8bp P7 index) and need to demultiplex. I tried putting two "N"s at the end of the 6bp index (i.e. GATCAGNN) on the sample sheet but that doesn't appear to have demultiplexed correctly. Or should it have and maybe the library failed to cluster? It's entirely possible the library failed library construction (colleague generated the library; it was his first ever).

I'm thinking I'll try demultiplexing via CASAVA when the dataset is done just to be sure I set the indexes correctly in the sample sheet. I don't expect MSR to have much for me analysis-wise to requeue since this was a generate fastq workflow.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
                      I believe it should work if you add "AT" at the end of the 6 bp index and repeat the demultiplexing in MiSeq Reporter.
                      Or you can leave the index with only the 6 bases (remove the "NN) and demultiplex; this should demultiplex those samples. Then, if needed, you can do another demultiplexing for the amplicon libraries, using 8 bases in the sample sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by JBKri View Post
                        I believe it should work if you add "AT" at the end of the 6 bp index and repeat the demultiplexing in MiSeq Reporter.
                        Or you can leave the index with only the 6 bases (remove the "NN) and demultiplex; this should demultiplex those samples. Then, if needed, you can do another demultiplexing for the amplicon libraries, using 8 bases in the sample sheet.
                        Thanks so much-- I'll give it a try!

Comment

I found this thread since I was searching for sequencing Nextera and TruSeq LT libraries on one lane in a MiSeq. I only need the i7 read for the nextera libraries and the TruSeq libraries I have are modified and contain 8-base barcodes (as the Nextera libraries do as well). Can you give me an advice on what to enter in the sample sheet, so that this will work properly? It's my first time sequencing on a MiSeq and I would appreciate any help! Thanks a lot!

Comment

In IEM, select truseq single index to see how the sheet should be laid out. Then use that header and column names for the sheet you put together
                            Microbial ecologist, running a sequencing core. I have lots of strong opinions on how to survey communities, pretty sure some are even correct.

Comment

For reference. IEM = Illumina experiment manager (windows only).

Comment

oh didn't realize that.

if poster isn't windows, I can search for an example sample sheet
                                Microbial ecologist, running a sequencing core. I have lots of strong opinions on how to survey communities, pretty sure some are even correct.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses