No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ViroSeq analysis problem

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and I am honored to meet you.

I work in HIV resistance diagnostic and I am new to ABI sequencing.

My problem!
    I use ViroSeq kit to analyse HIV PR and RT pol gen sequence. I have good sequences but forgot to add double underscore before the primers definition and ViroSeq software can not combine and align overlapping primers (sequences).

Best.
    Ivo.

Originally posted by Ivoalexiev View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and I am honored to meet you.

I work in HIV resistance diagnostic and I am new to ABI sequencing.

My problem!
    I use ViroSeq kit to analyse HIV PR and RT pol gen sequence. I have good sequences but forgot to add double underscore before the primers definition and ViroSeq software can not combine and align overlapping primers (sequences).

Best.
    Ivo.
    Hi there I found solution, If somebody have this problem I can help

Comment

ViroSeq sequencing

hi Ivoalexiev

Good to know that you are using ViroSeq for resistance studies. Iam also using it. however we facing problem with getting good and clean sequence.

Is it possible to share your methods of Quantification and cycle sequence product purification. May be we can adopt the method u use.

Are following Viroseq protocol or you have made some modification?

Waiting for your reply

thanks

Comment

Hi mohd2b,
        I use 16 capillary ABI 3130xl analyser. I see that you work in a hot country, primarily in the laboratory we like to keep temperature below 20 degrees, I keep 18. I follow the ViroSeq HIV-1 protocol - Genotyping System v2.0 and recently I started with the new analysis software - ViroSeq HIV-1 Genotyping Software v3.0. Following PCR purification I use 2 instead of 3 ul PCR Cleanup Reagent and after the Cycle Sequencing I use Ethanol/Sodium Acetate and I add 2 ul EDTA 125 mM. Also after the Hi-Di Formamide I go for denaturation - 93 degree for 2 minutes. Also you can check the POP, I use POP7 it have some advantages compared to POP6. Be sure you are using fresh and properly stored POP and capillaries.
        Hope this help.
        Ivo

Comment

Viroseq sequencing

hi Ivoalexiev

Well so far we find out that we have problem in measuring the right concentration of the PCR purified products, which is very critical in cycle sequencing reactions . Unfortunately, we do not have quantification software, instead we use ViroSeq gel quantification method. how do you measure the concentration? do u use Nanodrop??

also we have tried to use sodium acetate , can you share your Sodium Acetate protocol ? what other purification method you use in the lab other than SA?

when you analyze your sequence , what is the best range for raw data signal intensity that work as threshold ??

Thanks
          Mohammed

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses