SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
use of BaseSpace app for outside data wingtec General 5 04-22-2016 10:31 AM
Same experiment name = unable to download from Basespace? wlchew Illumina/Solexa 3 04-24-2015 04:16 AM
MiSeq/BaseSpace Stream cement_head Illumina/Solexa 4 03-16-2015 08:07 AM
BaseSpace for MiSeq epistatic Illumina/Solexa 5 11-27-2012 05:48 PM
Conversion of colourspace into basespace format. kasutubh SOLiD 12 11-04-2010 09:19 AM

Old 09-26-2016, 11:30 AM   #21
thermophile

I can select a sample, launch FastQC or 16S metagenomics, but then I don't have the start button
Old 09-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #22
kcchan

There is a message where the "Launch App" button used to be:

Quote:
To use this app, upgrade to a Professional subscription
This includes all published apps as well as any custom apps you have in your developer account.
kcchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:01 AM   #23
Jessica_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermophile View Post
I can select a sample, launch FastQC or 16S metagenomics, but then I don't have the start button
Wait, so we can't even do FastQC with a free account? I was able to run it, but like I said yesterday, my account is still in trial mode. Are you just trying to use the Illumina/BaseSpace Labs 16s metagenomics app? I'm not hopeful for my Amplicon DS analyses, then....
Jessica_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:22 AM   #24
GenoMax

Are the "free" accounts only meant for people who have one (or a small number of) Mini/Mi/NextSeq and need to do basic distribution/sharing of data? i.e. small core facilities.
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:40 AM   #25
Jessica_L

That's kind of what I'm wondering, too, GenoMax? We have a pretty small operation, but I do also send out for larger jobs and I still need to analyze data sometimes.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #26
thermophile

Jessica, I can't run any apps at all. My understanding is that every new account gets a 30day trial so I guess you could just make a new email and account every month to continue using the apps.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #27
GenoMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermophile View Post
Jessica, I can't run any apps at all. My understanding is that every new account gets a 30day trial so I guess you could just make a new email and account every month to continue using the apps.
While that may work short term, it may land you on Illumina's blacklist (if they watch for what IP's the accounts are logging in from).

Small cores may need to adjust their prices (and account for $5K subscription) if they find BaseSpace indispensable for daily business.
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #28
Jessica_L

That's good to know, thermophile, thanks. I'm probably going to have to ask for that $5k to be added into our budget for next year.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #29
thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoMax View Post
While that may work short term, it may land you on Illumina's blacklist (if they watch for what IP's the accounts are logging in from).

Small cores may need to adjust their prices (and account for $5K subscription) if they find BaseSpace indispensable for daily business.
True. I'm likely going to go back to ignoring the basespace apps and use it just for fastq distribution which is still currently feasible for my miseq only core on a free account.

Tags
basespace, miseq